Baby RFA Care

RichWise73

Hi, I'm Rish!
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2022
Messages
4,924
Reaction score
7,220
Location
Fawn Grove, PA
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Should baby rock flower anemones be moved into an acclimation box or similar container to improve their survival rate? I see some people posting pictures and videos of their baby rock flowers and they are in either an acclimation box or glass dish of some type. Does this help with spot feeding, or is there another reason this is done?
 
Same exact care as a grown Rock flower
 
Last edited:
Yeah it's done to easier keep an eye on them and easier to spot feed them. Rfa are not smart at all, they will easily move to a dark part of the tank and die. They do need spot feeding if you want good growth.
 
I don't do anything and the babies grow. Spot feeding definitely grows them out faster. But no direct feeding and they also grow in my tanks. If you have a male and female RFA it seems inevitable that in a few years you're going to have a collection of them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new