Baby stingray how often do I feed

Gwolter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m buying a baby stingray from my local fish store in 3 days. They’ve had him for about 2 weeks and it wouldn’t eat but finally today I told the guy to try a silverside and he ate it so I’m happy that he ate. But idk how often I should feed him. I piece everyday or every other day. I don’t want to over feed him.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What species of ray? You’ll want to feed a variety of small seafood items: silversides krill, clam, squid tentacles, etc. I feed baby rays daily, and then remove uneaten food. Weird thing about sharks and rays, their waste products are different then bony fishes (Urea versus ammonia). The result is that you should monitor your ammonia and nitrite for a few weeks after adding this ray, just to be safe.
Jay

Last edited:

smlarson72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m buying a baby stingray from my local fish store in 3 days. They’ve had him for about 2 weeks and it wouldn’t eat but finally today I told the guy to try a silverside and he ate it so I’m happy that he ate. But idk how often I should feed him. I piece everyday or every other day. I don’t want to over feed him.
Pictures please!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 57 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back