Baby Vermited snails on my zoa? If so, now what?

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't look like zoa pox with these little strings coming out? I also just found a couple of what looks like tiny Vermetid snails on a frag plug from a month ago, but everything is dipped so maybe they are dead (?). If it is Vermetid snails how am I going to kill them? They must be everywhere by now so it's too late to crazy glue them. I don't have any fish, so if I stop feeding my corals will they just die eventually?

Zoas are closed because I had just turned on the lights. They are now open and happy.

20210312_103913.jpg

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't look like zoa pox with these little strings coming out? I also just found a couple of what looks like tiny Vermetid snails on a frag plug from a month ago, but everything is dipped so maybe they are dead (?). If it is Vermetid snails how am I going to kill them? They must be everywhere by now so it's too late to crazy glue them. I don't have any fish, so if I stop feeding my corals will they just die eventually?

Zoas are closed because I had just turned on the lights. They are now open and happy.

20210312_103913.jpg
I am doubtful they are baby Vermetids. Other than that, I have no idea. If the zoas are happy I wouldn't worry too much but do keep an eye on em. #reefsquad

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you able to pull the zoas and dip them? I’ve seen this on mine before. I iodine dip them if they’re on a plug. Usually takes 2 dips over 2 days. If on a rock, I use H2O2 in a Turkey baster at night when they’re closed up and hit them with that. I typically see these on my longer stem zoas from time to time. Usually the shorter stemmed ones don’t seem bothered. Almost makes me wonder if it’s photosynthetic.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back