OP
OP
H

haigyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tank was mature enough for mandarin. Its not food. May have been bacterial or with gasping, possible ammonia or nitrate spike
Nitrate is approximately.05-.10 ppm. I did a water change and brought salinity down to 1.022.
would it be to quick to add another fish by this Tuesday? All parameters are good and seahorses are still eating.

OP
OP
H

haigyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nitrate is approximately.05-.10 ppm. I did a water change and brought salinity down to 1.022.
would it be to quick to add another fish by this Tuesday? All parameters are good and seahorses are still eating.
Sooooooooo I heard about something called hydroids. No idea if I'm saying right but I see these little octopus looking bugs in my tank..... Very hard to see in pic but I tried.
Thanks

Attachments

• FA7ED25E-B066-4FFC-8B38-E2C025BE55AF.png
    FA7ED25E-B066-4FFC-8B38-E2C025BE55AF.png
    627.2 KB · Views: 38

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Clinging Hydromedusa (Cladonema Sp.)
Sooooooooo I heard about something called hydroids. No idea if I'm saying right but I see these little octopus looking bugs in my tank..... Very hard to see in pic but I tried.
Thanks

TalkinTangie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry to hear about the ruby dragonet too haigyfish! I was waiting to see what kind of success you had with him in there. I would love to add a fish in with my seahorses, but the babies are so small I can't imagine any fish in there that would not see them as food!

OP
OP
H

haigyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry to hear about the ruby dragonet too haigyfish! I was waiting to see what kind of success you had with him in there. I would love to add a fish in with my seahorses, but the babies are so small I can't imagine any fish in there that would not see them as food!
Surprisingly enough the 6 or so days it was in there it never once tried eating a baby. All babies actually died after his death. I have no idea where the babies went but I’m down to 2/5.

I plan to add a mandarin goby this next couple of weeks

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back