Back after a very long absense

Scottsquatch

Third times a charm?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, I doubt many of you folks that used to know me are still hanging around, but if so, I really hope to hear from you. To everybody else, here it goes! About 8 yrs ago I was big into nano reefs and then started collecting all the gear I needed for a proper build when I ran into some financial issues. I made a brief reappearance and was able to collect all the gear I needed when I had some catastrophic health issues. I eventually beat them back, and while I'm now disabled and still need a couple of surgeries, I'm feeling good enough to delve back into the game.
I was in the process of preparing for a 33 long build that would eventually focus on sticks. I was planning on starting it off with some softies and a few LPS. I had purchased about 95% of the gear I needed for the build when my health forced me out of the hobby. Now much of my gear is probably fairly obsolete even though it was top of the line stuff 7 years ago. Its all new in box equipment though, so decided I to utilize it as I move forward. Anyway, as soon as I complete my stand/canopy builds, I will be doing a tank build thread. I'm really looking forward to getting to know some fellow reef enthusiasts. BTW, I'm located in Minnesota. Any fellow Minnesotans with the scoop on good fish stores should definitely drop me a line if you get the chance. Thanks, and happy reefing everybody!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcomeback5.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
As you may have guessed, youve come to the right source. We all have reasons to take a break and its not just reefing we take a break from. Glad to hear you are rebuilding your health and your tank.
What can R2R offer- Guildance, direction respect and suggestions

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scottsquatch

Scottsquatch

Third times a charm?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! First off, I seem to have forgotten much of what I knew. I wanna start curing my Marco rock but I can't remember if straight RO water is ok or if I need to use saltwater to cure it. Any of you guys have advice on this? It has never been used and is still in the box it was shipped in.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, I doubt many of you folks that used to know me are still hanging around, but if so, I really hope to hear from you. To everybody else, here it goes! About 8 yrs ago I was big into nano reefs and then started collecting all the gear I needed for a proper build when I ran into some financial issues. I made a brief reappearance and was able to collect all the gear I needed when I had some catastrophic health issues. I eventually beat them back, and while I'm now disabled and still need a couple of surgeries, I'm feeling good enough to delve back into the game.
I was in the process of preparing for a 33 long build that would eventually focus on sticks. I was planning on starting it off with some softies and a few LPS. I had purchased about 95% of the gear I needed for the build when my health forced me out of the hobby. Now much of my gear is probably fairly obsolete even though it was top of the line stuff 7 years ago. Its all new in box equipment though, so decided I to utilize it as I move forward. Anyway, as soon as I complete my stand/canopy builds, I will be doing a tank build thread. I'm really looking forward to getting to know some fellow reef enthusiasts. BTW, I'm located in Minnesota. Any fellow Minnesotans with the scoop on good fish stores should definitely drop me a line if you get the chance. Thanks, and happy reefing everybody!

Welcome and Welcome Back! Glad you popped over to re-introduce yourself. Sorry you've been thru so much but sounds like you have lots of BBA - Bounce Back Ability!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I wish I had started while still in planning phase. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Everything you have still works so don't worry about a 7 year absence. You'd like still be using all those same items right now anyhow, but now they don't (yet) have wear and tear so they'll last you a good while going forward.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! First off, I seem to have forgotten much of what I knew. I wanna start curing my Marco rock but I can't remember if straight RO water is ok or if I need to use saltwater to cure it. Any of you guys have advice on this? It has never been used and is still in the box it was shipped in.
use saltwater

OP
OP
Scottsquatch

Scottsquatch

Third times a charm?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back!! Post your build thread to here once you get it going, I'll definitely follow!!
I'll definitely be doing a build thread. I suppose I could start it off by listing/showing off all that shiny new gear I plan to use. I was gonna do it a few years back, but I guess I just wasn't ready to get back in quite yet.

Back