Back and need some SPS!

RossTheReefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!

Hope all has been well since I left. Missed you guys, but life's been taking up too much dang time. I bought a house and spend most of my spare time now renovating it room by room.

But I'm back at it and resetting my system. It was just getting depressing, so had to do something. The rock had been running in that tank for 15 years and had so much sponge built up that the water was stripped of all nutrients and the toxins from the sponges had all my corals dying. On top of that I got an ick outbreak and lost half of my fish. Needless to say, it was enough of that. Broke that one down and ran fresh water through the system for two weeks to kill everything in the rocks, pipes, pumps, etc. Now traded out the DT for a custom 150 my dad and I just built. The new tank will be SPS dominated and so I'm wondering who has some frags for free or to buy before xmas.

Who has sps for me??[emoji1]

-Ross

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You need to give it time before you add SPS corals. I can give some and bring them up one weekend after the holidays cause I do come to ridge field. If your tank is not cycled properly it will be a waste

OP
OP
RossTheReefer1

RossTheReefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to give it time before you add SPS corals. I can give some and bring them up one weekend after the holidays cause I do come to ridge field. If your tank is not cycled properly it will be a waste
I have a smaller tank running for all the things I'm saving from the old tank and for the new corals. Cycled, stable, and ready for corals. [emoji1] I know better than to put anything in before cycled.

That would be awesome tho, let me know when would be good. Thank you!

OP
OP
RossTheReefer1

RossTheReefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
e0b6072f1da03409f399f6eb19d7d9bb.jpg

The new tank!

RSWIFT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!

Hope all has been well since I left. Missed you guys, but life's been taking up too much **** time. I bought a house and spend most of my spare time now renovating it room by room.

But I'm back at it and resetting my system. It was just getting depressing, so had to do something. The rock had been running in that tank for 15 years and had so much sponge built up that the water was stripped of all nutrients and the toxins from the sponges had all my corals dying. On top of that I got an ick outbreak and lost half of my fish. Needless to say, it was enough of that. Broke that one down and ran fresh water through the system for two weeks to kill everything in the rocks, pipes, pumps, etc. Now traded out the DT for a custom 150 my dad and I just built. The new tank will be SPS dominated and so I'm wondering who has some frags for free or to buy before xmas.

Who has sps for me??
emoji1.png

-Ross

RTR, I have a few frags ready to go. Pink milli, Green slimer, Orange cap and an Unknown stag if you are interested. I'll be at Milford Landing Marina today, tomorrow and Wed. After that it will have to be in the new year.

OP
OP
RossTheReefer1

RossTheReefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RTR, I have a few frags ready to go. Pink milli, Green slimer, Orange cap and an Unknown stag if you are interested. I'll be at Milford Landing Marina today, tomorrow and Wed. After that it will have to be in the new year.
Sounds good, thanks. I'll PM you

SteelerMike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to see you back on the boards Ross. Wish I had some sticks for you...I may by Frag Farmers but no sps frags to speak of right now. Hope to see you at a meeting soon and catch up!

OP
OP
RossTheReefer1

RossTheReefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to see you back on the boards Ross. Wish I had some sticks for you...I may by Frag Farmers but no sps frags to speak of right now. Hope to see you at a meeting soon and catch up!
Thanks for the warm welcome back! Hope all is well with you and your family. I'm going to try to make the next meeting so hopefully ill see you soon. :)

ctsps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pm me I could make xl frags of wolverine and jf fox flame if your looking for high end, also space invaders pectina fragd

fastest302

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow your dads tank was beautiful sorry for your loss in corals and fish.. New tank looks awesome

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back