Back and need some SPS!

RossTheReefer1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 3, 2014
Messages
191
Reaction score
88
Location
Cedar Park, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!

Hope all has been well since I left. Missed you guys, but life's been taking up too much dang time. I bought a house and spend most of my spare time now renovating it room by room.

But I'm back at it and resetting my system. It was just getting depressing, so had to do something. The rock had been running in that tank for 15 years and had so much sponge built up that the water was stripped of all nutrients and the toxins from the sponges had all my corals dying. On top of that I got an ick outbreak and lost half of my fish. Needless to say, it was enough of that. Broke that one down and ran fresh water through the system for two weeks to kill everything in the rocks, pipes, pumps, etc. Now traded out the DT for a custom 150 my dad and I just built. The new tank will be SPS dominated and so I'm wondering who has some frags for free or to buy before xmas.

Who has sps for me??[emoji1]


-Ross
 
You need to give it time before you add SPS corals. I can give some and bring them up one weekend after the holidays cause I do come to ridge field. If your tank is not cycled properly it will be a waste
 
You need to give it time before you add SPS corals. I can give some and bring them up one weekend after the holidays cause I do come to ridge field. If your tank is not cycled properly it will be a waste
I have a smaller tank running for all the things I'm saving from the old tank and for the new corals. Cycled, stable, and ready for corals. [emoji1] I know better than to put anything in before cycled.

That would be awesome tho, let me know when would be good. Thank you!
 
e0b6072f1da03409f399f6eb19d7d9bb.jpg


The new tank!
 
Hey everyone!

Hope all has been well since I left. Missed you guys, but life's been taking up too much **** time. I bought a house and spend most of my spare time now renovating it room by room.

But I'm back at it and resetting my system. It was just getting depressing, so had to do something. The rock had been running in that tank for 15 years and had so much sponge built up that the water was stripped of all nutrients and the toxins from the sponges had all my corals dying. On top of that I got an ick outbreak and lost half of my fish. Needless to say, it was enough of that. Broke that one down and ran fresh water through the system for two weeks to kill everything in the rocks, pipes, pumps, etc. Now traded out the DT for a custom 150 my dad and I just built. The new tank will be SPS dominated and so I'm wondering who has some frags for free or to buy before xmas.

Who has sps for me??
emoji1.png



-Ross

RTR, I have a few frags ready to go. Pink milli, Green slimer, Orange cap and an Unknown stag if you are interested. I'll be at Milford Landing Marina today, tomorrow and Wed. After that it will have to be in the new year.
 
RTR, I have a few frags ready to go. Pink milli, Green slimer, Orange cap and an Unknown stag if you are interested. I'll be at Milford Landing Marina today, tomorrow and Wed. After that it will have to be in the new year.
Sounds good, thanks. I'll PM you
 
Nice to see you back on the boards Ross. Wish I had some sticks for you...I may by Frag Farmers but no sps frags to speak of right now. Hope to see you at a meeting soon and catch up!
 
Nice to see you back on the boards Ross. Wish I had some sticks for you...I may by Frag Farmers but no sps frags to speak of right now. Hope to see you at a meeting soon and catch up!
Thanks for the warm welcome back! Hope all is well with you and your family. I'm going to try to make the next meeting so hopefully ill see you soon. :)
 
Pm me I could make xl frags of wolverine and jf fox flame if your looking for high end, also space invaders pectina fragd
 
Unfortunately there was a pin leak in the back left corner so that has delayed getting this up and running a little
 
Wow your dads tank was beautiful sorry for your loss in corals and fish.. New tank looks awesome
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new