OP
OP
Mystical_Knight

Mystical_Knight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna get some 3/4” pipe for hanging the lights when I get a chance too, should fit in really well with the theme of the room and the new light I just installed over the dining room table. Will probably used some cheap antiqued bronze chain to hang from it

OP
OP
Mystical_Knight

Mystical_Knight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got that one as a freebie because it had lost all of its pigment, after a few weeks in good quality water all of its pigment came back and I have three new heads.

Wow lol well it definitely got its color back.........

OP
OP
Mystical_Knight

Mystical_Knight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
369987e02d5c5b8f0c1da3c0c13b0932.jpg
5896df55c7001eec4aa9653834262e8e.jpg
e84b9aa72205ba408fe9d9737dbb0027.jpg

Light hanger done and lights up. Getting there......there will eventually be chain hanging instead of the normal hangers and a wooden box that the lights will sit in. For right now this is good though

OP
OP
Mystical_Knight

Mystical_Knight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the door on finally, still need to add a couple of decorative handles on though when I get around to it. Also don’t mind the mess, post Christmas disaster, heaven forbid the kids put their gifts in their bedrooms........

OP
OP
Mystical_Knight

Mystical_Knight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
729e5d02b10471a615a4dea8a5711320.jpg

Got a little more done, everything was crazy during the holidays, but on the plus side I got the sl2 module for my reefkeeper and the advanced probe module. Gonna monitor ph, salinity, and advanced probe will monitor temp and humidity in cabinet and turn on fans when nescesary. Also finally finished and installed my electronics cabinet. Got a rapidled 4 led moonlight kit too, although just one is so bright I may only use 2, will have to see

OP
OP
Mystical_Knight

Mystical_Knight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya know it’s ironic, I’m sitting here thinking “well I got all the big stuff done and I am off today and tomorrow so I can probably start adding water”....... always nervous when I contemplate adding water lol, super exciting but at that point you can no longer move the tank and I just know I will realize something I have forgotten and be SoL. Haha

OP
OP
Mystical_Knight

Mystical_Knight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, my mp10’s are from 2011 and 2013, can anybody weigh in as to wether or not it’s worth it to upgrade the controllers to quiet drives or should I just save up and buy entirely new ones when I can? This tank is about 3 feet from my bedroom door so I am aiming for as quiet as possible but don’t wanna throw away 100$

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good!!

OP
OP
Mystical_Knight

Mystical_Knight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3e44a3193142dcbc52314f4505ae00b6.jpg

Almost done, woulda been done earlier but I’m not willing to run RODI into my living areas while sleeping or at work, should be adding salt and mixing tomorrow after work though. Hopefully will be able to add the seeded rocks I already have to sump tomorrow evening and take down my little 20 gallon custom king AIO

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mystical_Knight

Mystical_Knight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is looking great. Excited to see The finished product.

Thanks man, waiting for a couple of things before I leave it running permanently. One of my mp10s’ wet side was messed up, have a new coming in today. And the piece of braided vinyl tube I put from my return to the return pvc isn’t quite doing the trick to get rid of vibrations so I have a length of the silicone tubing coming in to replace it

OP
OP
Mystical_Knight

Mystical_Knight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoops..... so everything was going well, got salinity where it needed to be, was fine tuning some stuff with the controller and using a small siphon to addd the rest of a 5 gallon bucket to my auto reservoir. Of course I got distracted by life and walked away.... presumably at the point one of my dogs came over and knocked the tube out of the reservoir and into the inside of the stand. No problem right? I silicone all seams and use elastomeric paint inside of all my stands so they can hold water, with the size of my stand and the 2x4s on the bottom it should be able to hold about 8-9 gallons no problem. Unless of course there was a part where my sawing was a little sloppy and I should have gone a little heavy on the silicone seams...... so yeah, about 1 gallon of RODI water on the brand new bamboo flooring, with a little bit of seepage under the stand itself. So drain the tank (waaah) and prop up one side with landscape timber so I can dry it all off.... on the plus side, this may have been overkill as I left gaps for airflow under the stand, it can handle some small puddles with good air movement if needed but i figured since there is no livestock in it the smart way to go is to raise it and properly dry it out. I wreck the floor with a 40 and the wife will never go for the ultimate build in the future lol. I actually left the sump full and had to get inventive with lifting. Ended up putting a small lag bolt in the bottom of the stand (under where the trim will cover it when the time comes) and used a come-along attaches to hand truck to raise it about 3 inches and put two pieces of wood cribbing underneath. Towel dried everything and will run two small fans overnight and start the process again tommorrow.

Pros:
Learned that I had a huge gap in my silicone seam with RODI and not saltwater which likely would have messed the floor up.

Was able to do what I did to resolve it since there is no livestock yet

Murphy’s law always comes into effect for me and this could have been a lot worse

Realized I need to come up with a new method of filling up the auto reservoir

Cons

Uggghhhhhh gotta start refilling again

e06292cc986a426c3a4dc73af5af817b.jpg
ca88185b29cbe59605bc46d240d77b2b.jpg
7697c6d3e54ff29c6c1905c2150a8a6c.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back