Back from a 15 year break

JawsD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got out of the reefing community about 15 years ago. I live in DFW Texas area. I use to have an established 300 gallon in my home . I had a online coral and fish store as a side gig. I was getting specimens straight from the divers . While I was running another business in a different field. With lots of travel. To be honest it burned me out. Sold everything. Now that my kids are all grown. I have that itch again.
So now I am in planning stages. I’m looking to do a 200+ reef tank and refugium fleece roller sump. I am setting all this up in my office. And I am planning on setting it up on the same wall my stair well shares. For the simple fact I am going to have 40 gallon saltwater mixing station as well as 40 gallon water top off all controlled. That’s a whole other topic. Wow have things progressed over the years.
Needless to say I am excited. I am not rushing into this over night but plan on having it all complete by Christmas. With the help of the forum I will be picking your brains on products. I plan on documenting and making YouTube videos of the build. And looking forward to going to Reef A Poolza in Frisco this year. By then after speaking with some certain companies I will have a grasp on what products will best suit this build.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got out of the reefing community about 15 years ago. I live in DFW Texas area. I use to have an established 300 gallon in my home . I had a online coral and fish store as a side gig. I was getting specimens straight from the divers . While I was running another business in a different field. With lots of travel. To be honest it burned me out. Sold everything. Now that my kids are all grown. I have that itch again.
So now I am in planning stages. I’m looking to do a 200+ reef tank and refugium fleece roller sump. I am setting all this up in my office. And I am planning on setting it up on the same wall my stair well shares. For the simple fact I am going to have 40 gallon saltwater mixing station as well as 40 gallon water top off all controlled. That’s a whole other topic. Wow have things progressed over the years.
Needless to say I am excited. I am not rushing into this over night but plan on having it all complete by Christmas. With the help of the forum I will be picking your brains on products. I plan on documenting and making YouTube videos of the build. And looking forward to going to Reef A Poolza in Frisco this year. By then after speaking with some certain companies I will have a grasp on what products will best suit this build.

Welcome Back! Glad you joined and here is a big "Howdy Neighbor" - I'm in Grand Prairie!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). I wish I had started documenting my build thread when I was still in planning phase, and it sounds like you will be there into the winter holidays.

This might help you find people local to you, as there is an active DFW hobby club:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Back