Back in the Grove

taliesin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone.

I took a few years off from having a tank. Before I left we had a tank of some sort for close to 15 years. (things have definitely changed in just the three years we were away.) Before I left I had several sizes from 55, 65, 120, and ended with a 280 (72"x30x30). I had it in the wall in my dining room, but got tired of taking care of it since we were never in there. My wife wanted another one, so we started with a used 65 (it had a severe case of calcium etching on the front glass), and eventually we got tired of looking at a "cloudy" tank. (I know I could have fixed it with draining and using a polisher), but we chose to go with a Planet Aquariums Rimless 120. We both love it now. It's a mixed reef tank with Zoes, LPS, and SPS.

The lighting is a hybrid Aquatic Life 4x54w T5HO with blue bulbs, and have 2 XR30 Pro's running a modified WWC AB+ setting.
Skimmer is a Skimz SM167 (It took a while to get it dialed in)
Trigger Systems Rube 36 (in all my years in, this is the first sump that I actually bought. I've always made them out of freshwater tanks in the past)
I built the stand (it's built like a tank) :)
I just installed 2 Jabeo DCQ10000 DC pumps (we wanted a quiet return). Previous pumps were duel Sicce 4.0 (they had a slight vibration to them and since this sits in our livingroom it was getting annoying even with a rubber mat under them.)

Thanks

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
giphy (1).gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Much has changed but the hobby is even more exciting!
Welcome to the community !

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R and welcome back to the hobby! Congratulations on the new sump and the quiet return pump - it is amazing how little things change the entire experience!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 119 81.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back