Back in the hobby after 12 years away

mb5322

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2020
Messages
164
Reaction score
193
Location
Fort Myers, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after a 12 year hiatus I've decided to get back into reef keeping. Wow how things have changed. I decided to go with the Red Sea Reefer 300xl due to its ease of setup and the 80 gallon system isn't to much, while I'm trying to get things figured out. I would like some help stocking the tank, I currently have 75lbs live rock, a black snow clown and an orange snow clown. I'm looking to fill this guy out with fish, inverts, corals etc... If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear. I want to make this tank different. No offense, but typically when someone tells me they have a reef, we all know whats in it. yellow tang, hippo, cardinals etc... If money didn't matter and you could stock this tank with anything you wanted what would be your dream list? corals, fish anything, I will use this thread to pick my livestock, and keep everyone updated.
Thanks!
mb5322
20201119_102922.jpg
20201119_163529.jpg
20201119_163416.jpg
 
Welcome back! I came back after ten years and was also amazed at the changes. It is great to have a tank again. Tank looks amazing. Best of luck.
 
Welcome back! I came back after ten years and was also amazed at the changes. It is great to have a tank again. Tank looks amazing. Best of luck.
Thank you, its appreciated. I'm still a little overwhelmed by it all. But getting there, now just need to figure out what to stock this tank with.
 
Any livestock could cost $1, just looking for creative, unique items you don't typically see in others tanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new