Back in the saddle in Michigan

jpil

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All!
Figured I would start here before getting a build thread going.
I spent 2006-2011 neck deep in the reef keeping hobby, finally being happy with a custom 36Lx30Dx22T display with a basement sump, mixed reef with 8t5’s. Then life threw some curve balls as always! Let’s just say 10 years, 1 divorce and 3 houses later I am ready to jump back in... and it is a completely changed world from where I left off!

We, (fiancé and I), decided that we need a family hobby that we can include our 7 year old son in, I took them to a couple of my old favorite stores, and it’s set, we are building a reef!

Josh

BaysEndReef

Anthony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
r2r.jpeg

jeffrey750750

Reefin in the slow lane
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome from another michigander. Im guessing you live in dundee by the shirt I see. Have you been to the tropicorium? If you want go to livonia for a ton of corals I recommend pet connection. Cherry corals is also in livonia by appointment only. Their mainly an online store in our backyard

OP
OP
jpil

jpil

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome from another michigander. Im guessing you live in dundee by the shirt I see. Have you been to the tropicorium? If you want go to livonia for a ton of corals I recommend pet connection. Cherry corals is also in livonia by appointment only. Their mainly an online store in our backyard
Dundee it is! A trip to Tropicorium a couple weeks ago was what sparked my fiancé into wanting to set up a reef tank... I have been going there for years, back when you could get a orange Florida Ricordia for $5 out of the frag tank... lol. We might actually run to Pet Connection here in a few since our Friday virtual school is done early just to look around. I think we are headed to Preuss Pets tomorrow to pick up a custom built stand and canopy that the woman found, and then the ball is going to get rolling as fast as I can get things delivered.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Welcome to the R2R community and family

Kris 2020

Super Active Excellent Well Known Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All!
Figured I would start here before getting a build thread going.
I spent 2006-2011 neck deep in the reef keeping hobby, finally being happy with a custom 36Lx30Dx22T display with a basement sump, mixed reef with 8t5’s. Then life threw some curve balls as always! Let’s just say 10 years, 1 divorce and 3 houses later I am ready to jump back in... and it is a completely changed world from where I left off!

We, (fiancé and I), decided that we need a family hobby that we can include our 7 year old son in, I took them to a couple of my old favorite stores, and it’s set, we are building a reef!

Josh
Welcome back Michigander!

fish bass GIF

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 168 62.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 25.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 70 25.9%
Back