Bacteria culturing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

samcurtis07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a rouge peppermint shrimp eating my elegance coral so I stuck him in a five gallon bucket with old tank water and some live sand left over from siphoning. Anyway I vodka dose my main tank with great success so I just splashed a couple mL's in the shrimp's bucket and it caused a bacteria bloom clouding the tank within 24 hours. So I was thinking does it make sense to set up a 5 gallon bucket with some rock and sand with a pump and heater and just over dose a carbon source (say 3-4 mL of vodka a day) and occasionally fish food to allow for bacteria to thrive? Then once the bucket has been running for a while, say a month, you could then dose your main tank with the bacteria water.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 55 55.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back