Bacterial Bloom

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So glad we linked up here for our sand rinse thread to track, it shows a really compliant species responding well. Reef substrates regulate their bacteria, and surrounding waters, such that cloudy blooms don't occur unless there's death or something we've boosted to the water so we know that deep cleaning isn't antibacterial, it removes -non biofilmed- bac which is the bad/competing for o2 water cloud most likely here.

If you can imagine non compliant species, I've got two in message right now running as clean as your tank and we're having to do water changes + added assaults like peroxide into the whole tank just to make a dent.

So glad this one took fast, but if it ever doesn't, these cleanings are unlimited and some tanks require more

OP
OP
Lorekeeper

Lorekeeper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So glad we linked up here for our sand rinse thread to track, it shows a really compliant species responding well. Reef substrates regulate their bacteria, and surrounding waters, such that cloudy blooms don't occur unless there's death or something we've boosted to the water so we know that deep cleaning isn't antibacterial, it removes -non biofilmed- bac which is the bad/competing for o2 water cloud most likely here.

If you can imagine non compliant species, I've got two in message right now running as clean as your tank and we're having to do water changes + added assaults like peroxide into the whole tank just to make a dent.

So glad this one took fast, but if it ever doesn't, these cleanings are unlimited and some tanks require more
Yeah, I'm glad this was so easy to take out. Could've been a lot worse!

I'll definitely take a more hands-on approach in the future.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nano reefers are not bound to, nor do they have to follow the toils and happenstances that large reefers absolutely must factor into their setup and approach. Its way past unfair what we're allowed to do :) as large tankers sit and wait hoping nature kicks back into the preferred balance, a keen nano reefer forced it to occur 48 hours ago and is already adding new stuff. There's literally not one invasion in nano reefing that can beat what you just did. its work heavy, and breaks reefing laws in nine provinces but that's how I reef for good, no more test kits no more ID threads just rip cleans where possible and willing, thanks tons for strong doc'mntation and feeback

it will help others. not so much the actual procedure, our cleaning is just like it was set up on day 1

but its the trust psychology, seeing someone take that critical leap, it breaks nine laws to do what we do and 8 of them are in all the reef training books we were told to read from the 90s./ new ways always come about, in ten yrs there will be some sort of fancy light you can shine on the tank to make it comply and they'll be laughing at our archaic giant water change history, as we now show new ways to those who said 20 yrs ago "you cant do that it will die/destabilize."

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back