Bacterial infection effecting the hole tank??

jasonb87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had 3 fish die in 2 weeks. Last week my purple dotty back! Yesterday my manderain goby and tonight my black ice clown. I'm not seeing any physical damage on the fish. The manderain was eating frozen shrimp the night before it died and the black ice was swimming one minute and dead behind the rocks a few hrs later. So my question is can I have a bacterial infection in the tank? All the corals and inverts don't seem affected by anything.

Parameters as of a few days ago. I need to test again

Salinity .24
Ammonia,nitrites and phos. 0
Nitrates 2
Temp 77

Will test cal,mag,Alk in the morning but sps are growing good.

CoralHut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a fast acting disease, possibly Brooklynella or Amyloodinium. Did your fish exhibit any signs of distress? How long has the tank been running?And are any of the fish that died more recent additions than the others?

OP
OP
jasonb87

jasonb87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No signs of stress. Tank as been running about 2 years. The dotty back was the first fish in the tank. Manderain was added in June this year and the black ice was added a few months ago.
Survivors include lots of coral frags, yellow tang, one spot fox face, blue damsel, hippo tang, female clown, diamond watchman goby, green tip anemone, cuc

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 39 22.3%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back