Bad crab?

shanedag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just pulled this crab out of my tank after adding TBS live rock. I’m guessing he’s a bad hitchiker?

BE9AAA10-3840-4B5E-877C-A3382C5EEAA8.jpeg

MarsWulf5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had only bad luck with any type.of crab. Emerald crab ate a $100 cynarina and a Dunkin. Tried a.Sally Lightfoot - it ate my goniapora. I am over crabs of any kind. $25 in crabs kills $300 in coral... Never again.

I even fed each crab with a turkey baster to make sure they were eating... Had plenty of stuff to eat in there... But liked to eat my corals instead of algea etc...

NO CRABS! Unless they are on my dinner plate

No urchins either... Very cool to watch but can gnaw through an electric cord if they want to - or mow down a rock of zoas.

Crabs suck. Fun to watch... But cant have any corals in there. It all depends on the individual crab - know some people have had luck with emeralds. Pompoms, Sally Lightfoot... But not me.

No crabs.

OP
OP
shanedag

shanedag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
I have had only bad luck with any type.of crab. Emerald crab ate a $100 cynarina and a Dunkin. Tried a.Sally Lightfoot - it ate my goniapora. I am over crabs of any kind. $25 in crabs kills $300 in coral... Never again.

I even fed each crab with a turkey baster to make sure they were eating... Had plenty of stuff to eat in there... But liked to eat my corals instead of algea etc...

NO CRABS! Unless they are on my dinner plate

No urchins either... Very cool to watch but can gnaw through an electric cord if they want to - or mow down a rock of zoas.

Crabs suck. Fun to watch... But cant have any corals in there. It all depends on the individual crab - know some people have had luck with emeralds. Pompoms, Sally Lightfoot... But not me.

No crabs.
Urchins...dang. Got 3 of those with my rock and thought they were cool

SHNICI

Well-Known Member and Coral Cabin owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I

Urchins...dang. Got 3 of those with my rock and thought they were cool
cool yes, but they can make some damages, if you have macro algae, or coraline or smaller unstable frags, they will drag and destroy everything almost

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 66 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.8%
Back