• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Bad Experience with "Ilikefishies"

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

meinestrasse

Trusted Member & R2R Supporter
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Concerning this thread: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/getting-out-of-hobby.697289/
@Ilikefishies
#MODS Never received the Pac Sun light I paid for from this Seller. Messaged Seller but no response. Tracking number provided from Seller shows it never shipped. Seller only accepted Venmo. No PayPal. Seller told me that Venmo now has buyer protection (it does not). Fortunately I used American Express card via Venmo and received immediate return of payment.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

meinestrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He was a really nice guy over the phone but had excuses about shipping. Couldn't get to shipping it right away, USPS wouldn't accept the package because it was too big. He repackaged it and they accepted it but he wan't sure what it would look like when it arrived. He started texting me tonight after I posted on this thread. Saying it should be there tomorrow or Saturday but he can't find the receipt with tracking number but would look for it, but he had sent it to me originally but it shows it never shipped. 9407803699300045701526

OP
OP
M

meinestrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the light actually does show up in good condition, undamaged, I will re-issue payment to Seller. But it's just odd that after 10 days it hasn't arrived. Looking at his post history he seems like an avid hobby enthusiast. But the facts around the transaction and shipment seem suspicious to me. I will always use an American Express card as my payment source. No B.S. with Amex. Otherwise always use PayPal with purchase protection option (with Amex as payment source if you have it).

Last edited:

Ilikefishies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t believe you’re bad mouthing me without calling me or perhaps giving me a day to look into it. It’s been 5 business days not 10 so please stop exaggerating. I’ve called you, text you and stayed in constant contact with you through the entire process. You gave me 20 min, at 9:30 at night to figure out if there was a problem and yet instead you go trashing me and freezing payment. I’m not concerned at all as the product was shipped exactly as described and expect a full apology

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
M

meinestrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s the payment transaction from me to seller dated Feb 24, 2020. Second is the tracking number provided by seller. Today is March 6th - 11 days after alleged shipment. And it still says waiting for package to be dropped off. Third is a text from seller TODAY March 6th saying he lost the tracking number. Facts are the facts.

48CBAEFA-F51A-4D42-89FE-3BBFC5568780.jpeg DE41AFEB-A02C-4061-BE15-AE561186A3C9.png 82642A90-C274-4C95-A62E-4584C89C0A41.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
M

meinestrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s the text where seller tells me that Venmo has buyer protection. Venmo does not have buyer protection.

7870826D-1F45-4EF6-9746-DC632E5F2A6E.jpeg venmo.JPG

Last edited:

Ilikefishies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude you’re being irrational about this. I’ve kept in constant contact with you. You have my personal cell number. I never said I wouldn’t refund you if the package never showed up. You’re completely jumping to conclusions being a psycho. Why don’t you try talking to me and I’ll happily get this sorted out for you. Lol.
#MODS Wanna step in on this as he’s now posting my personal phone number

Ilikefishies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B2D6E40A-FDEF-41A1-9191-2B74E3FDA723.jpeg
Here’s a screenshot of someone I just paid. I paid a 3.75 fee for security. Notice the second section where it states that VENMO is responsible for the funds if delivery doesn’t happen. Know what you’re talking about before putting someone on blast

Ilikefishies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m done arguing with you. If you want to be a child. Please be my guest. If you want to be an adult and solve a possible dilemma, you have my phone number.

ReeferTX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in line before you to buy this light.. we had an agreement. Then while waiting on pics showing the leds light up, he comes back the next morning telling me its already been sold.. i was a bit annoyed by this tbh, but in hindsight glad he backed out.. he also told me venmo and zelle offered buyers protection.. it didnt sit right with me, so i called zelle and they assured me that they did not.. the whole scenerio just seemed shady.. and now i know why.. hope u get it sorted bud..

Ilikefishies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I provided shipping info to buyer and it aligns with exactly what I’ve stated to him. I’m sorry he’s upset that the mail is taking their time. There was no reason to drag me through the mud without at least giving me a day to look. Here are the screenshots to prove.

@ReeferTX it was a first come first served sale. Andrew sent me the money as he wanted to secure the light.
I never said Zelle has buyer protection. I said Venmo does now. It’s new for 2020 as an option for people you don’t know. I’m sorry you feel like I lied to you. Didn’t mean to offend. #MODS I’ve posted the detailed receipts showing that I shipped it exactly as promised. Please delete this thread.

Best,
John
17E10976-4CEE-4982-81A7-79F069C59518.jpeg
BDB518A3-04E0-4810-AA86-449B2A9FE874.png
47221BB3-7F89-4D24-BC13-70616D6356F0.png

OP
OP
M

meinestrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fact is that the $500 fixture still remains to be seen. Tracking numbers do not account fo the whereabouts, now 2 weeks after transaction. Venmo in fact does not provide protection for peer to peer payments. While it may in some circumstances for businesses that opt to provide buyer protection, it certainly does not for peer to peer, as was this transaction. There’s no reason in this day and age to not have a PayPal account, unless PayPal terminated your account. My advice to seller is to file an insurance claim with USPS. Lesson to everyone is always use PayPal with buyer protection.

Ilikefishies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, well that would have been a discussion you could have easily solved by calling me instead of throwing a temper tantrum and leaving negative feedback instead of giving me 24 hours to see what was up. Apologies I lost the receipt lol.
I called the post office and I have to wait 15 days to file a claim if lost. If that is in fact still a problem I’m happy to help.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back