Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PXL_20210806_001048482.jpg
PXL_20210806_001222291.jpg
PXL_20210806_001131452.jpg
Do u think the flame hawkfish is gonna kill the other banggai. He was only nipping at 1 they were the last ones in the tank. He gets along with everything even the pistol shrimp and small Mandarin but for some reason he was nipping at 1 banggai

Frostblitz20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry for the lost and from what im aware hawkfish can be hostile over tuff. i always wanted one but i wont risk my scooter and diamond goby.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say. My damsel and goby hate everyone. My flame angel hates the damsel and 1 clown. My tang and blenny get along with everyone. Sometimes things just don't get along

OP
OP
Heres_doe_

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry for the lost and from what im aware hawkfish can be hostile over tuff. i always wanted one but i wont risk my scooter and diamond goby.
Crazy because i got a ywg and pistol shrimp, clown pair, Mandarin goby,and banggai and he only ever nipped at 1 banggai. Smh

Frostblitz20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy because i got a ywg and pistol shrimp, clown pair, Mandarin goby,and banggai and he only ever nipped at 1 banggai. Smh
Fish can be weird... in my large tank my diamond goby gets along with everyone even scooter but hates i mean really hates when my bi color blenny comes around.. he doesnt attack but he buffs up his chest and opens up his mouth like hes going to fight him. i also have a issue where my Banggai goes after my Neon goby so i had to remove him into my 15g tank.

emperata

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a four inch hippo that’s currently in fish jail for chewing fins, harassment, breaking shrimp antennae. He’s been sequestered for two weeks. Do l sell him or return him to the tank as a stranger? Will he just start over or play nicer? Two dwarf angels, two grammas and a bunch of shrimp await.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I would not doubt it as Flames are the relative of the devil himself. They go after anthias as well as consuming all shrimp. My guess would be the hawk started this and inverts ate the flesh and body

OP
OP
Heres_doe_

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not doubt it as Flames are the relative of the devil himself. They go after anthias as well as consuming all shrimp. My guess would be the hawk started this and inverts ate the flesh and body
No i seen the hawkfish start and finish the fight trust me couple seconds and he ripped em up that bad

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss reefer.
Benggai are easy targets for flame hawks. And some hawks get territorial. It’s in there nature to perch and pick at unsuspected prey and being carnivores makes them no stranger to killing. They normally eat inverts so he could have killed the fish for the territory. Hard to say what fish he will go for to protect his territory. Safe to say banggais are not safe in your tank and your second one is in danger of the same fate.

Victory652

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That crazy! I have yet to have an issues with my Flame Hawk. Mostly he just swims back and for in my 55g trying to perch on different things. He has not attacked or hurt any new comers to my tank. I had a damsel though and she would try to kill everyone. Had to get rid of her. If you pull the flame out into a qt tank for a bit (at least 2 week), move your rock would around. It would force everyone to establish new territories and make your flame Hawk the new comer so it would be less inclined to attack other fish.

OP
OP
Heres_doe_

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That crazy! I have yet to have an issues with my Flame Hawk. Mostly he just swims back and for in my 55g trying to perch on different things. He has not attacked or hurt any new comers to my tank. I had a damsel though and she would try to kill everyone. Had to get rid of her. If you pull the flame out into a qt tank for a bit (at least 2 week), move your rock would around. It would force everyone to establish new territories and make your flame Hawk the new comer so it would be less inclined to attack other fish.
I'm done with new fish lol i got a flame hawkfish, mandarin dragonet,ywg and pistol shrimp and a clown pair, and cuc. They're in a 35 he didn't attack anyone not even the pistol or snails. Soon as these 2 came in he killed them. The mandarin is tiny and he does nothing to her

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's not a bad fish, that's a fish behaving as nature has programmed it to do. It's not intentionally being malicious.

Keep a very close eye on the mandarin's body condition, that's a small tank to keep one in.

Also, you shouldn't be adding fish anyway, your tank is about fully stocked.

OP
OP
Heres_doe_

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's not a bad fish, that's a fish behaving as nature has programmed it to do. It's not intentionally being malicious.

Keep a very close eye on the mandarin's body condition, that's a small tank to keep one in.

Also, you shouldn't be adding fish anyway, your tank is about fully stocked.
I'm not worried about the other fish the mandarin and him are always around each other no issues

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • None.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.2%

Back