Bagbos Dream Miracles Build - powered by Sfiligoi - Updated 2/8!

Pizzapro83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Criag I was looking at a T5 fixture. Its a 120 gallon 48x24. It will be all chalices. Do you recommened a 4 or 6 bulb unit? And would I want 54 watt or 80 watt? Thanks for any advice.

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Criag I was looking at a T5 fixture. Its a 120 gallon 48x24. It will be all chalices. Do you recommened a 4 or 6 bulb unit? And would I want 54 watt or 80 watt? Thanks for any advice.

Depends on how deep the tank is. I would go with the 6 bulb as it will give you more bulb options. And some chalices like more light. If you can afford the 6, you won't regret having the extra color options.

Tank102a

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tagging along on this one, looks great. Nice to see progress.

I've been sitting on a 4x2x2 starfire for 2 months now finally decided to rebuild the basement and put it as a centerpiece for my game room.

underwaterfirefighter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking GREAT Craig! Would it be possible to take your pannels to a metal fab shop? They could probably notch little squares out of the corners, put the sheet of metal in a brake to bend the "flaps" into like a tray that can then be put over your panels. Just an idea. With out actually seeing what you want as an end result that is the best I could think of.

Dave

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking GREAT Craig! Would it be possible to take your pannels to a metal fab shop? They could probably notch little squares out of the corners, put the sheet of metal in a brake to bend the "flaps" into like a tray that can then be put over your panels. Just an idea. With out actually seeing what you want as an end result that is the best I could think of.

Dave

Looking into that Dave. I'm pretty sure they could for me without a problem. Wish I knew someone local that was familiar with that trade. Thanks for the input!

underwaterfirefighter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Craig, I have a friend here in the Roanoke area that is awesome with metal fab. If you can't find anyone there let me know. I'm sure he could do whatever you need.

Dave

aharrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come on slacker, get us some pictures. I'm dying to see this thing. Oh never mind, I see it in my sleep. The never ending build is finally coming to an end :) And I appreciate the Jason Fox My Miami and Crazy Fox for helping you build this thing. :)

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol......whatever Andrew! Yes, the stand is about done. It has been a very interesting build - watching Andrew do all of the work. The stonework looks incredible. Andrew did an incredible job with the grouting. As he will tell you, the irregularity of the stones provided many headaches. But the corners are beautiful and the finished product looks awesome. A one-of-a kind stand for sure - at least I've never seen anything like it. "We" have some finishing touches to do but it's almost complete. The tank should be here on Monday. I will post some pics of the stand updates tomorrow AM.

Dave, I may hit you up for your metal fabricator guy in Roanoke. For now, I have painted the panels black but I still want to wrap them in a brushed nickel metal sheet - I think it would look really sleek.

Anyway, updates are coming tomorrow for sure. Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been very busy watching Andrew build my stand....lol

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He did not. He did a test with regular grout and it worked very well. No issues at all. We talked about it but, in the end, it wasn't necessary.

aharrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't sell yourself short Craig, you have easily done half the work. Couldn't have done it without your help. We have met some very interesting challenges along the way though that's for sure. I am so excited to get it done and I wish I was ready to start on mine. Going to be very similar

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay. Finally have some updates. The tank will definitely be in place on Monday :bigsmile:. The stand is just about finished. Until I figure out how to wrap the panels, I just painted them black - looks better than plain plywood. The stones have been enhanced and they look really good. There is just a little trim work to do on the top and bottom and it will be complete.

So here are some progression pics of the stand. Of course, none of the electrical will be hooked up until the tank gets here.

The tiles were stapled up just to get an idea of how we would piece them together. This turned out to be a great idea.
IMG_5724.jpg

With Mastik - still a few areas that need to be filled in.
IMG_5725.jpg

IMG_5728.jpg

With grout and enhancer and finished top with polyurethane. Some of the trim work on the bottom is finished.
IMG_5729.jpg

This will be the first viewable side you see when you come in the front door. Very happy with how the corners turned out. NOT easy with such irregular stones! Nice work Andrew!
IMG_5731.jpg

A better view of one of the corners. They are more rounded.
IMG_5732.jpg

Hard to see due to the flash but the enhancer really brought out the various colors in the stones.
IMG_5733.jpg

IMG_5735.jpg

Last edited:

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very Nice Criag!I like it!Maybe I should get rid of my 125 for somthing like this,hahah!

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Austin. Andrew had the initial vision and we are both thrilled with the way it came out. Much better than I could have ever expected. Let's face it, the stand will secondary to the Miracles rimless, but I love the stand and they will be a great match.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back