OP
Brad Coughlan

Brad Coughlan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you try for new, clearer pics?
Hi, I just stirred my sand up and water is a bit cloudy so I'll try tomorrow but I did take a video of the fish earlier today and I screenshotted the points where it is most visible, still not the clearsest but yeah I will take proper pics tomorrow

Overall though, the spot has remained the same size as far as I have seen, and does pop out from the skin

Screenshot_20240117-212831_Video Player.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240117-213122_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20240117-213122_Video Player.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 57

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I just stirred my sand up and water is a bit cloudy so I'll try tomorrow but I did take a video of the fish earlier today and I screenshotted the points where it is most visible, still not the clearsest but yeah I will take proper pics tomorrow

Overall though, the spot has remained the same size as far as I have seen, and does pop out from the skin

Screenshot_20240117-212831_Video Player.jpg

Sorry - that still seems like the "fluid filled vesicle", I don't know the cause, and then, no idea as to the treatment for this. It's an odd issue.....

Jay

OP
OP
Brad Coughlan

Brad Coughlan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry - that still seems like the "fluid filled vesicle", I don't know the cause, and then, no idea as to the treatment for this. It's an odd issue.....

Jay
Interesting...
Have you ever had other people dealing with this? If so, what was the outcome?
In my case, everything seems ok with the fish, and nothing has spread onto other fish which is the main thing I am interested in

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting...
Have you ever had other people dealing with this? If so, what was the outcome?
In my case, everything seems ok with the fish, and nothing has spread onto other fish which is the main thing I am interested in
I don’t have a good way to track outcomes for rate issues like this. Some of the affected fish died, I know that, but I then have no way to know if they died from this or some other issue they had at the same time.

OP
OP
Brad Coughlan

Brad Coughlan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have a good way to track outcomes for rate issues like this. Some of the affected fish died, I know that, but I then have no way to know if they died from this or some other issue they had at the same time.
Alright no problem at all.
I'll just see how the fish does and update if it gets any worse.
Thanks again for the info

OP
OP
Brad Coughlan

Brad Coughlan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a bit of a thought, might seem like a silly idea or could be quite common

Could something like manual removal, or a cleaner shrimp be useful with this?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a bit of a thought, might seem like a silly idea or could be quite common

Could something like manual removal, or a cleaner shrimp be useful with this?

I would not try manual removal - catching the fish and then removing it without anesthetic just isn't a good option in most cases. Less stressful would be if a cleaner shrimp would remove it, but I have doubts that it would know what to do with that.

OP
OP
Brad Coughlan

Brad Coughlan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not try manual removal - catching the fish and then removing it without anesthetic just isn't a good option in most cases. Less stressful would be if a cleaner shrimp would remove it, but I have doubts that it would know what to do with that.
Yeah thought so, still confusing as to what the cause of this is but everything else seems fine so it is only a visual thing, let's hope it stays that way

OP
OP
Brad Coughlan

Brad Coughlan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fluid filled veiscle still attached after nearly a month with no negative affects on the clown

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 151 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.3%
Back