Balling light question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Kilo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the instruction guide, i understand
1) dissolve 2kg of Calcium Mix to 4 litres of RO water and pour the mix into a 5 litre container. add 25ml of Ultra Trace B Color and Grow Elements & 25 ml Ultra Trace B Metabolic Elements
2) dissolve 2kg of Magnisium Mix to 4 litres of RO water and pour the mix into a 5 litre container
3) dissolve 500g of Cabonat Mix to 4 litres of RO water and pour the mix into a 5 litre container. add
25 ml Ultra Trace B Health Elements

Question: Can i use a smaller container? mix ratio as follows:
1) dissolve 0.5kg of Calcium Mix to 1 litres of RO water and pour the mix into a 1.5 litre container. add 6.25ml of Ultra Trace B Color and Grow Elements & 6.25 ml Ultra Trace B Metabolic Elements
2) dissolve 0.5kg of Magnisium Mix to 1 litres of RO water and pour the mix into a 1.5 litre container
3) dissolve 125g of Cabonat Mix to 1 litres of RO water and pour the mix into a 1.5 litre container. add
6.25 ml Ultra Trace B Health Elements

Pls advice

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With our balling salts, you have the option to mix your own smaller batches. If you want to keep the same ratio, only fill the 1.5 liter container to about 1.25 and mix with the amounts you mentioned above.

OP
OP
Kilo

Kilo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With our balling salts, you have the option to mix your own smaller batches. If you want to keep the same ratio, only fill the 1.5 liter container to about 1.25 and mix with the amounts you mentioned above.
How did you get the 1.25litre?

bwoodward0012

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Original calls for 2kg to be added to 4L then topped up to 5L. Since your batch would be 1/4 of that, divide 5L by 4 to end up with 1.25L of solution, to which you add about 6.25mL of each required trace supplement to.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back