Bangai cardinal is home

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. Today I went to my lfs to get some live rock and checkout the livestock. It was Black Friday. (Even in Canada) anyway a shipment of cardinals came in and they looked well. Healthy and happy. I’ve never had one before but know it’s a good fit. So I bought one little girl. I named. Cardi b. lol. Anyway should I have bought two? What’s your opinions on this. Currently in 30g qt system than into 65 gallon in the new year?
ps I know you love that name

TangGang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. Today I went to my lfs to get some live rock and checkout the livestock. It was Black Friday. (Even in Canada) anyway a shipment of cardinals came in and they looked well. Healthy and happy. I’ve never had one before but know it’s a good fit. So I bought one little girl. I named. Cardi b. lol. Anyway should I have bought two? What’s your opinions on this. Currently in 30g qt system than into 65 gallon in the new year?
ps I know you love that name
Bangaii cardinalfish are very awesome fish and pretty much do well in any situation. If you want more get 2 more I’ve found that 3 works better than 2 unless they are a pair. You can also keep them alone so if your worried about it being lonely don’t be she will be fine.

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these picky eaters. Or what? Today dropped flakes. No go. Pellets. No go. Mysis no go? Man she’s just chilling being a pop star but didn’t seem interested. Maybe brine tomorrow? The chromis that are with her are well today!! Lol

TangGang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these picky eaters. Or what? Today dropped flakes. No go. Pellets. No go. Mysis no go? Man she’s just chilling being a pop star but didn’t seem interested. Maybe brine tomorrow? The chromis that are with her are well today!! Lol
Yeah they can be either the most aggressive eating fish behind blotched anthias or picky like a princess anthias. My first 5 bangaiis were super aggressive. Lately I couldn’t get a captive bred pair to accept anything, even live black worms. Good luck I can only recommend live foods if they don’t eat tomorrow. Maybe try live brine or live black worms.

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frozen Krill, always had luck with that in the past... best of luck.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have pajama cardinals and they eat everything. They are totally chill. Oddly enough, I never named the pair - honestly because they have no personality and inspiration was nil....
Loving the name.... I think I should name my pair Cardi and Nikki.... LOL

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back