Bare concrete in fish room?

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That fan will have no impact on your boiler. It may even help it. :cool:

I would use a product on that cinder black wall that has a mold blocker in it.

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the looks of the floor is not a issue.
Just get a vinyl laminate sheet, cut it to run a few inches up the walls. No water to get underneath.

Attachments

• images.jpeg.jpg
    images.jpeg.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 37
OP
OP
J

Jasper05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That fan will have no impact on your boiler. It may even help it. :cool:

I would use a product on that cinder black wall that has a mold blocker in it.
I used drylok paint when I moved in 3.5 years ago. I believe that is mold resistant? I probably need to do it again. I had a failed downspout after I painted it.

blitzkragz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would drop any idea of doing anything to the floor and instead use DuraGrid.

I am absolutely in love with this stuff and would never do another fish room without it. It is so nice when minor splashes and spills just disappear and you don't have to deal with wiping them up, and eventually they just evaporate up through the vented surface. Any larger spills you can shop vac up. They have an antimicrobial to fight mold, are nice to look at, easily cut to fit and snap together. They are also really comfortable and I like to just sit down on it when putting together like a new reactor or working on things.

You seriously cannot go wrong with it, I would give it a try!
20201229_085653.jpg

Last edited:

BHHOWARD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had latex porch and deck paint on my basement floor. It was in very good condition and a hand grinder and a sander failed to remove the paint. Rented the Home Depot grinder to easily remove, cleaned the floor and then used West Systems Epoxy on the floor and 3 inches up the wall. The walls were new, so I used green board and the bottom 3 inches are concrete board. Also caulked around the base of the wall before and after putting on the concrete board on the bottom. With the epoxy providing a seamless barrier between wall and floor, didn't need to do that. I did not cut the door threshold as I didn't want and of the water to "escape". Clean-up is very easy with the epoxy and I would highly recommend. I also have no concern with water seeping out of the room. I can literally fill the room with 3 inches of water and it will not leave the room.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back