Barrier Reef Aquariums in Renton, WA (Seattle)

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO I had a meeting in Seattle and had a little extra time. I went hunting for a good store. I ran across this hole in the wall Called Barrier Reef Aquariums. there was not a drop of Freshwater (except rodi) in the store. Awesome fish selection and they get alot of fish straight from the Philipinnes skipping the wholesellers. Lots of nice Corals and display tanks. yes, it was TINY. the shot of all the tanks is basically the entire triangular shaped store. Here are some photos (Thanks guys for letting me take these)

Sadly, SEAMAX is this weekend and I dont get to stay! BOO HOO. would have been a great show to attend this saturday.
DSC_2032.jpg

DSC_2034.jpg

DSC_2015.jpg

DSC_2005.jpg

This fat boy was a mean sob.
DSC_2018.jpg

Slide show
Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man you found our crown jewel! I am supprized you actually found it, it took me quite a while to actually locate it. I have only been there once as it is a 3 hour drive one way for me but it is by far the best LFS in a 6 hour drive radius for me! My good buddy works there too, he probably wasn't in the shop but if he was he was the tall blonde haired guy named Bill. BRA is also a sponsor on my local forum, I do a lot of purchasing from them online and shipping to me is only like $10.

Zef004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome store. I've been there and talk to bill. Good people and know there stuff.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
You found my favorite store.
They have excellent sellection corals and fish.
It may have a small footprint, but they are large in the reefing community

brannock_16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was recently in Renton for spring break and stopped by this store. It had an amazing selection of corals and fish and seemed reasonably priced. I can't wait until I move to the area and can make this my LFS!

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cy is a great guy (owner) I have purchased many things from him. If you find stuff you like you can bring it back, just tell Cy to pack it for checked luggage and he will do an awesome job.

OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
REally???? checked luggage.. daum mike.. my wife will really kill you! yea it was awesome store. I had to leave my wallet in the car. I am headed to SFO tomorrow so hopefully there might be a place close to the airport there.. he he.

it came up on google and I was headed thru that area anyways. so glad I stopped there.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back