Which one does better with other fish?

• Total voters

90gallonreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard the Lyretail looks better, but is harder to maintain. I am leading towards the Bartletts but I just want to know how they do in schools? How many do I need? How do they do with other fish such as tangs? And how long does it take for them to school. Thanks.

Anthias.gif

b2fe3816.jpg

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted a similar thread last night but asking for more types. I had Bartletts and they fade and lose color. Not sure about other types. The Lyretail is pretty but apparently they're jerks? Someone pointed me toward the princess anthias and I am leaning toward that one currently.

OP
OP
90gallonreefer

90gallonreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted a similar thread last night but asking for more types. I had Bartletts and they fade and lose color. Not sure about other types. The Lyretail is pretty but apparently they're jerks? Someone pointed me toward the princess anthias and I am leaning toward that one currently.
Bartletts lose color? I heard the lyretails are the ones that lose color. And yeah, they can be jerks

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool they are nice fish and when i kept them they weren't aggressive toward any of my other fish. They had nice personality too

Kmsutows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest looking at carberryi. I haven't kept them but from what I've heard they are more peaceful towards another than bartletts

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both Bartlett's and lyretails are comparably Hardy, but are both also fairly feisty amongst themselves.

Dispars and Randall's are almost as Hardy, but much more peaceful with each other.

Flavoguttatus and smithvanezi are both pretty, but a bit more delicate than the previously listed species.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently planning on a school of Ignitus anthias for my 200 gallon display. I've had lyretails before and never really saw them picking on eachother, but one would always seperate itself and kinda hide. Then it would die a couple weeks later. This happened to 2 of the females. Then I went out of town for a week and my house sitter only fed pellets and flakes, forgot the frozen. I lost the male the next week and the last female about a month later. I plan to feed my new ones 4x per day, small feedings, and wean them down to 2x per day.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back