Base of Kenya tree hurt

  • Thread starter Thread starter boumbo25
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

boumbo25

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2017
Messages
61
Reaction score
23
Location
Québec, Canada
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what should I do? I was away for a while and the base of the coral got covered in sand. Will it heal ?
1CE9DF61-3BB0-4B85-A349-FBBF76763019.jpeg
 
Looks more like a sinulara than Kenya tree... just dig it out a bit. Will probably be fine.
 
Oh maybe it is. It was given to me by a friend. Had it for 8 months
 
That is a sinularia flexibilis coral. It will be completely fine as it is quite hardy. It grows rather quickly to the point where I have to slice it in half every few months and give it to my friends. Here's a picture of how large it has gotten after I cut it in half two months ago...
dd26bb5d324d1b7a012edbd73ca168f3.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new