basslets

shim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I searched and couldn't find any related threads so hope this isn't a repeat.
What are your experiences with basslets in your tank? Are they out and about or shy and cling to the rocks and hide in the caves? Interested in Randall's, Blues, and Swiss Guards for consideration.

Appreciate the feedback.

reefz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My royal gramma stays near the rocks almost all the time. He will hide if your come too close to the glass. They are very shy fish.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Gramma for me is a model citizen but can be territorial for others. Diadema very calm. I find strawberry to be a jerk

Last edited:

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a beautiful swissguard basslet and it’s extremely peaceful. Likes it caves but comes out more than it hides. Not sure if you still needed feedback but I highly recommend one!

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've kept a blue assessor when I was into nano tanks, one of my all time fav small fish. Hung out in his cave mostly, but visible not hiding. Would hang upside down, this was years ago, Assessor macneilli. He was wild caught and the most deep beautiful blue you could imagine. I had other cryptic fish like a swales swissguard basslet and a tanaka's possum wrasse, he wasn't aggressive toward either. When healthy and happy, the swales swissguard can give the candy basslet a run for it's money in vibrancy. A little more shy than the assessor, but still worth it, There's a special value to cryptic fish, you get such a thrill when they are out and about. My #1 fav nano fish is the pink streaked wrasse, this fish is bold, out zooming around all the time..

Darrell Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would a swissguard basslet be compatible with 5 chaulk basslets in 220 gallon tank?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back