Battery Backup/UPS

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bucrob
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bucrob

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2025
Messages
270
Reaction score
166
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my area, the power sometimes goes out for a few minutes randomly. I also live in Florida so hurricanes can be a problem. Looking for a battery backup or UPS that can power my tanks for a couple of hours (enough time for us to get our generator out and possibly find gas for it). I have a 15g tank that has very minimal power draw and also a 150g tank that draws a pretty large sum of power with all the hardware. What should I get?
 
Do you have a controller that tells you your power draw for the tank equipment.?
 
Depending on what you want to power, I use a talentcell 12v mini-UPS and plug my Vortech MP40s in. This gives me enough time to get home and plug my main return pump into a Pecron battery station.
 
Automatic transfer inverter with 300 ah battery and trickle charger…
IMG_0930.jpeg
 
Do you have a controller that tells you your power draw for the tank equipment.?
No but I have 2 MP40s, Hygger Gyre pump, Octo regal 150 int, kalkwasser stirrer, and a vevor return pump of some sort (dont remember the name) that I would need to power. Don't care as much about powering the lights as the tank should be able to go a while without lights.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new