Battle Pending?

ReefGeezer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 9, 2009
Messages
2,155
Reaction score
2,998
Location
Wichita, KS
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I have a couple Monties that are growing toward each other. I'd appreciate some advise concerning issues should they come into contact with each other.
Monti Battle.jpg
 
One will overgrow the other. It can either be slow and easy or one may nuke a part of the loser and then grow over it.
 
I have actually had purple and green digitatas grow together, almost like a grafting but not quite.
 
Thanks all . I might be ok with the green encrusting Monti "grafting" around the base, but would hate for it to move up the branches of the Purple Digi. I can move the Purple Digi. I'd really hate for it to be the loser in any way. Maybe that will be good place for something more aggressive. I guess for now, it's just watch & wait.
 
That green encrusting coral looks like a cyphastrea? either that or its smaller/more close up than I thought. if it is and it will certainly win /sting out a montipora digitata
 
That green encrusting coral looks like a cyphastrea? either that or its smaller/more close up than I thought. if it is and it will certainly win /sting out a montipora digitata

The picture is not real close up. I'll check with the guy I bought it from. I thought it was a Monti. Funny, if it's a cyphastrae, it's growing in very bright light. My weaknesses seem to be showing. I can make 'em grow, I just forget what they are.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new