!!!!BATTLEBOXES LOVE EM OR HATE EM, LET'S HEAR IT!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Many years ago now, the concept of the "Battlebox" pretty organically just sort of came together. People are very OK with me cherry picking the very best of what I have here on the racks to send. And as my available selection of fully encrusted SPS frags has grown exponentially, these packs have just gotten better and better in size coloration and overall frag health.

So, consequently I've been doing these a long time now, and they are by far my most popular items, whatever size and shape you fancy. I mean I sell more of these boxes than any other single or custom frag pack order by a mile. So I do think that I am doing something right here. I think...

But like anything, especially in the ultra competitive dog fight that is online live coral sales, there is alway room for improvement or streamlining in my opinion. There's no such thing as a "plateau" here at Battle Central even as available man-hours to dedicate are never enough, I'll always strive to enhance and improve my game. Believe me that this vote of confidence you guys put in me is the highest accolade I have achieved in this business and I do not take it for granted.

With that I'm really just curious. I'd love to hear some of the things that keep you coming back for more of these boxes, and what it is that may be keeping you from pulling the trigger on getting one. Or, if you did get one, what did you like about about the overall experience? And more importantly, what did you not like so much?

I'll take a guess that not finding pieces I've sent in your box on my site is way up there on the "needs improvement" scale, and believe me when I say that I am constantly working to get colonies ripe enough for a high quality shot and then on the site. I am hopelessly behind here, but I swear it's a priority! But at the same time I know that there's an allure to getting mystery pieces as well. I mean I sent out a lot of Lasermelons and Guilded Lilies and such in cheaper boxes before I finally got a good shots and slapped a hefty price tag on them. So... there's that aspect too. lol. You have back door access to "the good stuff".

Other than that rather rubenesque elephant, tell me please, what in your opinion is "A OK" with these boxes, and what sucks? Let me have it! seriously.

Untitled design-8.png

Last edited:

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill go first. I love battleboxes. I got my first one a couple months back (right before my crash!! :( ) and I was ridiculously happy with it. Cant wait until stabilization and i can get my next first one.

I could nit pick and give stupid suggestions if one is asked for, but overall, I was very happy with the value and selection I got for my monies. You are a rockstar in this industy!!

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The box I received was awesome. Correspondence was on point as well as quality and packing. Told you to pick for me and it didn't disappoint. One frag came in struggling with cloudy water but that was addressed and resolved. The freebie that came with the box is perhaps my favorite one...lol. What else is there to say aside from you running a top notch business! There's no hesitation in pulling the trigger on a BattleBox.

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been itching to get a box. Only thing holding me back is the mystery part of it and which box to get. I assume I can tell you what SPS I already have so I don't get dups?

Robert Ranciato

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So how does it work? Do I tell you how much I want to spend? Can I ask for certain colors ? Or is it random? I'm in the market for a nice sps pack I want rainbow tenuis but i refuses to buy coral from places like WWC . To me it seems like a rip off

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have liked all my battle boxes. What is nice is you don’t put in or keep anything that is a throw away or not nice coral.

It might be nice if you had a database for each customer so no dupes, if you don’t have that already, or even send out what you’re planning to ship to make sure people don’t have one already - like a tri color for example. It can be hard to think of those things to add when you order or perhaps new customers don’t realize how accommodating you are with selecting easier acros if desired or color packs and such.

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Battlebox was simple, $1000 for 20 pieces, I chose 15, ended up with 17. Fortunately, I was rebooting, and these were my foundation. I simply said I l9ve millis, smoothies are awesome, and tenuis are cool. That's it, Adam did the rest, his choices :) Fortunately, I scored some amazing pieces, hand picked, I would have only 4-5 pieces. Adam, simply put, is the MAN!!!

Andyf30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love! Unfortunately lost almost all of the tenuis you sent during an alk spike a month ago, but the box exceeded expectations. The box was amazing and the coral were all chunky and happy right out of the bags.

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally dig the boxes. You let Adam know if you’re looking for anything in particular, or if there’s things you absolutely do not want, and he works his magic. Everything he has is pretty freaking cool and I like the mystery with not having everything on the site, I don’t know how many different items aren’t on the site, but I would venture to say that it’s a lot! One thing not box related that is a peeve of mine….sorry, is not having pictures or sketches of what a grown out colony could look like and the stats. I appreciate the stats on the bag when shipped, but it would be of great benefit to have on the site. A lot us are dummies, well me, I’m a dummie. I have no clue what each species looks like shape wise. It would be nice to have a general idea. Not bit ching, but I am I guess. That said Adam does rock as mentioned many times above. I feel bad that shipping has been such a disaster, at least with me. I’ve had losses that are in no way adams fault, nor mine, but he always takes care of me!

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love battleboxes!!!! I’ve gotten 3 so far and I’ve never been disappointed. I love the care that Adam takes when choosing my pieces. He obviously takes in to account any notes you provide. Owl power for the win
owl deal with it GIF

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve gotten 4 boxes in the last year or so and I have never been disappointed.

Before learning about BC I would’ve never dreamed I’d ever be willing to just give a vendor money and tell them to send me whatever they want, but now with BC I can’t imagine buying corals any other way. Your frags are absolutely of the utmost quality and size. As I’m sure all of us have, I have had a few pieces die on me, but overall I have much more success with your acros then any other vendor. I guess that’s the advantage of buying corals that you’ve had growing for many, many years.

While I am amongst BattleCoral fans does anyone want to share a list or pics from a blue light special box. That will likely be what I get next.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the BattleBox. I’ve only ordered one but it was well worth it. I loved the labeling and info on the bags. The fact you listen to customer comments on wants is a huge bonus. At my request you made the box exactly what I was looking for. I enjoy the mystery of not on the website, so I’d keep that up.

Improvements: Hmm can’t really think of anything huge. I would agree more colony shots for the ones in the website.

More good: You have a box option for every price point

lynn.reef.nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have only order battle boxes from you so I can't say otherwise.
- You let us request certain pieces (by name or type).
- The excitement of "WHAT'S IN THIS ONE?!?!?!"
Dislikes:
- Getting an all green piece (no offense, they are just bleh to me).
- Getting ones that you don't really care for and either having to sell it or give it away.
- Getting duplicates of what you already have.

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t had a tank in years now but a battle box order would be the first thing I did once it was ready for coral. I always figured Adam knew his stock better than myself, so why not have him make the selections???

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I been itching to get a box. Only thing holding me back is the mystery part of it and which box to get. I assume I can tell you what SPS I already have so I don't get dups?
Go for it. Adam has great quality and customer service. Loved what was sent. Esp the raindrops on roses and rainbow army
427AABEA-0C2E-407D-AC59-3F1048EE0C74.jpeg
6E3FAD17-69CB-4474-A39D-30E7B89F47D1.jpeg
61381CCC-012F-42C3-9670-568D082A1B14.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back