!!!!BATTLEBOXES LOVE EM OR HATE EM, LET'S HEAR IT!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Sushitheshiba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had multiple battleboxes from you and they’re all amazing! Why do I love them: they’re all healthy, chunky, pest-free sticks that’s more than 1/4” tall! Obviously they’re well priced and for people that are not too picky with SPS or enjoy the surprise factor in a pack. Also your great customer service (very personable when communicating by email or DM) it’s hard to not support you where we could tell you actually care for your corals AND hobbyists.

What do I dislike: I haven’t received a surprise polyp of Fairy Food in any boxes. I’m sure it’s because you seriously dont send out any frags with less than 10 polyps.

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shopping Omg GIF by Spice Girls

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG...i was just thinking to myself that 'Wow, those look like demonic spice girls' and you know what..I think they are! So tell me what you want, what you really really want and I'll tell you what I want what I really really want...i wanna i wanna I really wanna zing a zing battle box

BVF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam has provided excellent service and communication the two times I ordered from him. Second order was a Battle Box, I picked 2 (Rainbow’s Army, A Fire Engine) and he picked the rest. I was happy with each pick. They were healthy, good-sized and were a great variety. Happy to report they’re all still alive and well after 7-8 months. I will buy again at some point as I find places to incorporate more.

What I appreciate is the colors on the site are very true to life when you receive the pieces. They’re labeled well, and the site contains multiple shots and good descriptions of each piece. Individual packaging also describes care and growth rates.

Here are my pieces, fully acknowledging I’m not a seasoned veteran at this.

Rainbow’s Army (my favorite) has doubled in size and encrusting well:
3CDBCB0A-730F-4EC9-ADC9-46C6DEFD90B5.jpeg

Blue Ghost, cool color and encrusting well:
13D80C7D-7092-4B20-8AC7-3952D8C6B4DF.jpeg

A Fire Engine (slow to go):
3FA170C7-8BED-48D6-A20B-F55CEB5F5CAB.jpeg

Miyagi Tort:
7DCD6331-688D-4ADB-BD6F-756ACD580C27.jpeg

Forest Fire Digi…super fast grower:
394AD9FF-2ED7-44AB-B5E5-0C3B5E3A7B43.jpeg

Acroberry (which I accidentally broke half off with the siphon tube, but it’s recovered):
0D54B749-7191-413C-9F8A-652046413355.jpeg

Sky Parade, which is growing but is a little brown likely due to high PO4:
2B6D032E-580B-424F-B767-594A5D743C36.jpeg

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue light special box, the day I got it

20220601_125755.jpg

I love Battleboxes too!

Pros:

-Battlecorals is one of the few that I trust to be completely pest free.

-His sales are REAL, not like some vendors who I've literally watched the prices on their website go up in the morning then they announce a sale later that same day taking off a % which is close to the markup amount.

-His freebies are LEGIT, they aren't just the cheapest frag available. They are as much quality as the frags in the box. In fact, I'm not even sure which of my frags was the freebie.

-I think it is fun not knowing exactly what you're getting, pulling one bag out of the box at a time is as everyone describes, like a kid opening presents on Christmas morning. Then heading to the website to see pictures of the colonies and read about them.

-The frags are healthy, encrusting, have PE in the bag and are good sized.

-I like how he sets himself aside from the competition by including a Battlebrush, stickers, printed paper with the names, etc.

-Great communication and willing to hold a box as long as you want after purchase.

Cons:

If you twist my arm and I have to say something negative, the only con I can come up with is that the tenuis came in looking similar to the tenuis in the picture above, even under full blue led light they didn't have much color....but they are still super healthy with tons of Polyp Extension and are coloring up nicely. @billyocean are these coloring up nicely for you too? Any current pic under full Blue Light, special?

Last edited:

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
have only ordered one box. but, i have no complaints other than not buying more, which is my own fault!

all frags were well packaged, had PE in the bags and immediately showed PE once acclimated. i lost 3 of the 6 i received, but that was due to my own negligence.

zbryant91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ordered 3 or 4 boxes now and like the experience as is. I lost most of my 1st and 2nd box due to a ATO failure which was hard to stomach. So I don't feel I have to worry a ton about getting duplicates.

But honestly I've gotten to the point where I kind of prefer to spend the same money on a box rather than sit around all day doing a live sale. I'll still do some sales because there are a few specific things I want, but I foresee myself getting a box a couple times a year depending on funds and available space in my tank.

burton14e7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely love them. My only issue has been keeping the SPS alive. Ever since I switched to the Reef Moonshiner method I haven't lost a SPS so I finally feel like I have the system health to order again without worrying that I'm throwing away a chunk of change. Will be ordering another this year! :)

Last edited:

100gallonreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never thought I’d get to the point where my “frags” grew to the point of colonies and filled up my rock work like other tanks I’d seen online. Thanks to Adam and Battleboxes my 220 gallon is now at that point.

Attachments

• BA123453-0970-4131-A905-EE7E86F99FA3.jpeg
    BA123453-0970-4131-A905-EE7E86F99FA3.jpeg
    255.7 KB · Views: 100

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't do a darn thing different. You've found a "niche" in a sea of complacency.
Every one sells the same exact boring way. 10% off one all those frigging holidays. Etc,etc, etc.
You're about the only vendor that seriously puts thought and real care into finding out what people want. You may just have plateaued. Why fix what isn't broken?

Becks17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve ordered both boxes and specific pieces. I think there are so many choices (and honestly they don’t all look like the pictures on the website) that it’s just easier to have Adam pick for you. Some of my favorite pieces are ones that I don’t think I would have ever picked out myself from the website. Given the total needed for free shipping, I’ll be ordering multiple pieces anyways. So to me it seems like a no-brainer to get a Battlebox and see if Adam will throw in a specific one if I happen to really have my eye on one, which I imagine he often will do hearing everyone else’s experiences. Also, Battlebrush!

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll share as a potential client. I've always been very interested in a battle box. When I had my tank running while I was in college it was hard to spend $300 at once for corals, not to mention I was apprehensive about adding a bunch of SPS corals at once. I wasn't very experienced and chose to go with cheaper corals and overall lower costs at the expense of having a system that was always facing one threat or another. Battlebox is very high on my list of potential coral vendors. I've always been impressed by the sheer number of glowing reviews you get and the idea of getting some corals chosen for me sounds very fun.

Now, armed with more knowledge and a stable career, I am very interested in buying once I get my tank running again. We are hoping to move so I have been putting off my tank. But my next tank will be more thought out and planned. I plan on getting fish from a source that quarantines and corals would be no different. I will be picky about where I order from. I've been watching the forums for a long time, keeping track of various vendors and any good or bad reviews.

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll share as a potential client. I've always been very interested in a battle box. When I had my tank running while I was in college it was hard to spend $300 at once for corals, not to mention I was apprehensive about adding a bunch of SPS corals at once. I wasn't very experienced and chose to go with cheaper corals and overall lower costs at the expense of having a system that was always facing one threat or another. Battlebox is very high on my list of potential coral vendors. I've always been impressed by the sheer number of glowing reviews you get and the idea of getting some corals chosen for me sounds very fun.

Now, armed with more knowledge and a stable career, I am very interested in buying once I get my tank running again. We are hoping to move so I have been putting off my tank. But my next tank will be more thought out and planned. I plan on getting fish from a source that quarantines and corals would be no different. I will be picky about where I order from. I've been watching the forums for a long time, keeping track of various vendors and any good or bad reviews.
You gotta keep your eyes peeled for one of Adams killer sales!!!!
Halloween Vampire GIF by NETFLIX

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back