!!!!BATTLEBOXES LOVE EM OR HATE EM, LET'S HEAR IT!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

zbryant91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, I first heard about you through a grow out contest on R2R (that I was not ready for but joined anyways haha). But I had no idea that was even a thing; so it definitely intrigued me to the point that I wanted to buy from you because you are supporting the community/hobby.

And while I've seen some controversy in the last couple of them, I am definitely interested in participating in more of them.

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I love the battle boxes, i have bought 2-3 and recently a blue light special box. I haven't bought a more standard battle box for a while because i have a pretty good acro collection and i'm worried i'll get some i already have. Thats the only thing that stops me from buying more battle boxes. They are a tremendous value compared to what else is out there and love the surprise, and especially love when i get something that isn't on the site yet. To me that is fun, feel like i'm getting something special, so no complaints about that.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
FWIW, I first heard about you through a grow out contest on R2R (that I was not ready for but joined anyways haha). But I had no idea that was even a thing; so it definitely intrigued me to the point that I wanted to buy from you because you are supporting the community/hobby.

And while I've seen some controversy in the last couple of them, I am definitely interested in participating in more of them.
right on! Im sure if theres enough interest we can convince someone out there to organize another grow out contest sometime.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What would you have to do to organize one?
Good question! Well generally someone just has to take the reins and do it. I am always on board to supply the frags and prize, but these contests have always been started and organized by another individual or two. whomever decides to commit.

lynn.reef.nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Good question! Well generally someone just has to take the reins and do it. I am always on board to supply the frags and prize, but these contests have always been started and organized by another individual or two. whomever decides to commit.

Oh, that's pretty cool. Can you still participate if you organize it? Can it be a fairy food contest :eek: ?
jk jk

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I love the battle boxes, i have bought 2-3 and recently a blue light special box. I haven't bought a more standard battle box for a while because i have a pretty good acro collection and i'm worried i'll get some i already have. Thats the only thing that stops me from buying more battle boxes. They are a tremendous value compared to what else is out there and love the surprise, and especially love when i get something that isn't on the site yet. To me that is fun, feel like i'm getting something special, so no complaints about that.

Hey Thanks for the feedback! really appreciate it.

I totally hear you on this one and it was a bit of a cluster for a few years early on but once I got my "act" together I implemented a few mechanisms in to avoid duplicates, primarily a full digital record as of nov 2019, of exactly what I've sent in previous orders. Used to be a mess of a stack of order sheets hand written that just got to be insane to dive through every day. it was like I was punishing myself for not being more efficient. every day! lol

But anyway, I'll always encourage people to shoot me a list of what they already have, if they are looking at a hearty list of specimens they have already that may not be from me. As well I am always very open to any and all advise or feedback on ways to better manage the risk of duplicates.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I wouldn't do a darn thing different. You've found a "niche" in a sea of complacency.
Every one sells the same exact boring way. 10% off one all those frigging holidays. Etc,etc, etc.
You're about the only vendor that seriously puts thought and real care into finding out what people want. You may just have plateaued. Why fix what isn't broken?
Really appreciate this comment. I suppose I hadn't really thought of it this way but I agree. There nerdiest of niches! lol. And believe me when I say I am Mr "if it aint broke! " Maybe even to a fault sometimes. lol

Honestly though one of the things I feel really fortunate about in my endeavors, is that I am not really in a position where I, or my business needs to have a sale any and every chance possible. Whether to keep employees paid or meet quotas or just make end meet or whatever. In that regard I do feel extremely lucky. Just kind of here doing my thing.

As far as sales go yeah the perpetual sales do get a bit exhausting. As well, I've always felt a little guilty about those people that order just before or just after. Like they are totally getting gipped for really, just bad timing. Kind of makes the whole thing a little sour to me anyway. But in truth there is a smidgeon of solace in that , these boxes at their simplest, are essentially an ongoing sale that never ends lol.

Anyway thanks for the comment. definetly got me thinking over here:) And to everyone else who's contributed to this one. You guys are the best! Thank you so much.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oh, that's pretty cool. Can you still participate if you organize it? Can it be a fairy food contest :eek: ?
jk jk
Yes you can absolutely be in the contest if you are the organizer. In fact anyones who's ran one in the past will tell you that there's always some goodies in it from me personally for them for doing so. :)

Pmj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love them. Just got 3rd but first in a few years. Great variety and all large, healthy, most growing off the plug. would have been much, much more money buying separately. Not interested in using other vendors. Hope to be contacting you again in a few months!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Love them. Just got 3rd but first in a few years. Great variety and all large, healthy, most growing off the plug. would have been much, much more money buying separately. Not interested in using other vendors. Hope to be contacting you again in a few months!
Outstanding my friend! Thank you.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just love letting you pick my boxes, Adam.
I have over 2 dozen just lovely pieces from you. :)
Right on my good man. I honestly love putting packs together! I really do have a lot of fun with it. One of my favorite things I actually do up there.

Joe's 220 Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have bought direct orders and 5-6 battleboxes. I have requested a piece or two that did not come but I knew that was to be expected otherwise I would have bought the pieces directly (which I have also done). To be fair you simply cannot expect to get everything you request as Adam runs a business. I am a HUGE fan of the battlebox and never had an order I was unhappy with at all. The value is such that I wonder how you make any money, the frags are chunky, and all pieces have been amazing (I have a total of 33 frags from battlecorals). In addition in the rare event of a doa there is never ever an issue (only happened to 2 frags ever). The boxes come with the best customer service in the business. I always basically ask Adam to pick for me and my request is to give me some different stuff. I have never been let down. It always feels like Christmas time when it arrives and I actually like the surprise of getting a coral not on the site. My favorite ever is the skinny love which came in my first box that is 100% an underrated coral. My only reason for not buying any more is my tank is packed full and have no more room. Keep doing what you are doing and one day with an upgrade (I have a 220 now) I will order more. Change nothing aside from keeping the never ending variety coming!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have bought direct orders and 5-6 battleboxes. I have requested a piece or two that did not come but I knew that was to be expected otherwise I would have bought the pieces directly (which I have also done). To be fair you simply cannot expect to get everything you request as Adam runs a business. I am a HUGE fan of the battlebox and never had an order I was unhappy with at all. The value is such that I wonder how you make any money, the frags are chunky, and all pieces have been amazing (I have a total of 33 frags from battlecorals). In addition in the rare event of a doa there is never ever an issue (only happened to 2 frags ever). The boxes come with the best customer service in the business. I always basically ask Adam to pick for me and my request is to give me some different stuff. I have never been let down. It always feels like Christmas time when it arrives and I actually like the surprise of getting a coral not on the site. My favorite ever is the skinny love which came in my first box that is 100% an underrated coral. My only reason for not buying any more is my tank is packed full and have no more room. Keep doing what you are doing and one day with an upgrade (I have a 220 now) I will order more. Change nothing aside from keeping the never ending variety coming!
Hey Joe! right on man thanks a lot for the feedback. I really appreciate it .

I am continually humbled by the idea that my most popular product by a mile is the one that people let me pick their stuff out for.

I've said it before I know but believe me when I say I don't not take this responsibility lightly. And I really do have a lot of fun in the moment when I am building packs for people. one of the highlights of my day! And trust me there ar eco many under rated under exposed and under apprieciated pieces that end up in boxes I hear it all the time. people say 'the sort that pieces totally off any radar" or "the site pic does no justice, Id have never noticed" Or I had no idea such and such piece was so amazing till I saw it in person.

Now, that may be a testament to the fact that I could get some better pics of some of these Lol. But ultimately, I do think that these notions of outshining peoples expectations, are very reason why these boxes have been so popular for so many years now. And why people keep coming back for 3rd and 4th and even 20th boxes!

Thanks again for the post!

BirdFish5000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep coming back for two reasons:

1. I suck at SPS and have bad luck
2. The boxes are amazing and always worth way more than you pay for what you get

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1030.png

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back