Battlecorals Snipes Blue Discussion Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched out my diy calcium and magnesium mix for ati's #2 & #3 essentials. Still using my diy alkalinity mix. Hope my tank doesn't go south since I'm mixing "systems"! I also finally added chaeto and a kessil h160 to my sump. We shall see how it goes. I have a triton test from a month ago. I will get another one or 2 done before this thing ends. Maybe we will see if trace elements do anything for my corals!

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am pulling together all the bits to plumb a growout tank into my display, hopefully within the month. I know I"ll be adding a fair bit of new water to the system but everything else should stay the same. Even so, it'll be a bit of an upset to the system I'm sure.

thaveteran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am pulling together all the bits to plumb a growout tank into my display, hopefully within the month. I know I"ll be adding a fair bit of new water to the system but everything else should stay the same. Even so, it'll be a bit of an upset to the system I'm sure.

That shouldn't upset the system at all.

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i got news today that one of my LED lights has been out for a few days i am off working in Fiji. Not sure what things are going to look like when i get home now. Sort of sad and worried. :(:(:(

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think doing twice my normal amount of water changes will make up for the fact that the nitrates are twice the level I want them to be at before I start feeding again?
Your tank likes the nutrients. Keep feeding. I feed a bunch and never test. Just keep water filters clean and keep up on those changes. Corals love nutrients.

Corals like stability, and lots of nutrients. If you find a happy spot? Keep doing regular maintenance and stay away from your test kits.

thaveteran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank likes the nutrients. Keep feeding. I feed a bunch and never test. Just keep water filters clean and keep up on those changes. Corals love nutrients.

I worry there is a tipping point. I haven't seen it but there has to be a cliff, right? Not that it matters much. I don't believe in large changes anyway. High nutrients work for me so I've never done anything to really try to change it. At most I want to keep them stable so I do weekly water changes of 25%.

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i got news today that one of my LED lights has been out for a few days i am off working in Fiji. Not sure what things are going to look like when i get home now. Sort of sad and worried. :(:(:(
Well Got hom not really sure why but it tripped the overload on the circuit breaker bar I have may have been lighting my house is this way. So at least I don't have to look for new lights :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2jlaqm.jpg

NBfIMcdl.jpg

Accidently dosed alk instead of calc about three weeks ago. It did not appreciate it.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 165 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back