Battlecorals Snipes Blue Discussion Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My vivid rainbow frag had no pe for the longest time. I didn't see pe till I changed my lighting. Pretty sure I had it in too low of light.

What fish do you have in there? Sure nothing is bothering it?
My vivid came in at the same time and it’s always had its polyps out and colored up some.
2 clowns,1 banghi Cardinal and a Molly Miller blenny

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s the vivid
A6AA5EE9-CEA4-4340-BD6A-63D9C6213D25.jpeg

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That one looks good for sure. Trying a new spot seems like a good idea to me.

I got my Vivid frag with the last grow out contest. Back in January. Stalled out for a good 6 months on me and finally woke up and started growing.

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't seen much growth from my frag, but the fact that I havn't killed it is a good sign, and polyps have been out consistently !

My tank is also reminding that its about to be 1 year old on the 15th, and that it really hasn't done anything crazy for me yet. So in celebration, so far this week, Sunday started off with getting my 3 year old son to help out with a water change, initially I thought this was awesome, which somehow quickly resulted in us overflowing the sump while refilling the tank with water, and not noticing till it was on the floor and leaking into the basement... on the plus side I did leave space behind the tank so I could get back and dry everything out, and luckily I was there to clean it and dry it immediately, and that the basement is unfinished making this pretty straight forward for clean up. Had I not been there, my lights power sources would have shorted out as they are on the floor tucked under a cabinet. You think you plan for everything, then a toddler says he wants to help. At least insurance would have covered it if it had gotten real bad...

Since the tank partied pretty hard sunday, it took Monday off and acted normal, only to fire the party back up as today I came home to a volcanoing skimmer and soaked sump cabinet. Not 100% sure what caused this, but I suspect a filter pad got clogged causing the skimmer chamber to rise, and the pump chamber to lower, resulting in the ATO to kick in, further increasing the water level rise.

So because of this, Im expecting my frag to double in size come Monday. This also makes for an interesting observation as challenges like this can make or break someone in the hobby. Do you pack it in and say I'm done with it, or think, if I had a bigger tank, specifically a peninsula style tank where I could get on both sides, then I wouldn't have to use a broom stick to reach behind the tank.

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't seen much growth from my frag, but the fact that I havn't killed it is a good sign, and polyps have been out consistently !

My tank is also reminding that its about to be 1 year old on the 15th, and that it really hasn't done anything crazy for me yet. So in celebration, so far this week, Sunday started off with getting my 3 year old son to help out with a water change, initially I thought this was awesome, which somehow quickly resulted in us overflowing the sump while refilling the tank with water, and not noticing till it was on the floor and leaking into the basement... on the plus side I did leave space behind the tank so I could get back and dry everything out, and luckily I was there to clean it and dry it immediately, and that the basement is unfinished making this pretty straight forward for clean up. Had I not been there, my lights power sources would have shorted out as they are on the floor tucked under a cabinet. You think you plan for everything, then a toddler says he wants to help. At least insurance would have covered it if it had gotten real bad...

Since the tank partied pretty hard sunday, it took Monday off and acted normal, only to fire the party back up as today I came home to a volcanoing skimmer and soaked sump cabinet. Not 100% sure what caused this, but I suspect a filter pad got clogged causing the skimmer chamber to rise, and the pump chamber to lower, resulting in the ATO to kick in, further increasing the water level rise.

So because of this, Im expecting my frag to double in size come Monday. This also makes for an interesting observation as challenges like this can make or break someone in the hobby. Do you pack it in and say I'm done with it, or think, if I had a bigger tank, specifically a peninsula style tank where I could get on both sides, then I wouldn't have to use a broom stick to reach behind the tank.

Hope it works out ok in the end. It's super hard to keep an eye on the kid and what you're trying to do all at the same time.

My nephew loves to 'help' me. Here he is just before his 2nd birthday. Helping check out a bucket I was filling up;) And yes, I keep a very close eye on him when he's down there. That's also why I use those old school screw on lid buckets. He can't twist them open after I smack it with a hammer;)
Screenshot_20181009-214539.png
Screenshot_20181009-214548.png
Screenshot_20181009-214607.png

Screenshot_20181009-214600.png

thaveteran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5CB5127B-E90E-45BD-8344-AF7289DD05FA.jpeg
looks like mine as well

Mines had a little more time.
87D64F2E-7F85-4828-BED5-B9D9DEAB1E7E.jpeg

But on topic I’m a little jealous of everyone’s Snipers. Mine is tiny and has done nothing. I’m going to have to play some serious catch up if I’m going to compete in this.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no! I have a buddy who also lives in Tallahassee. I messaged him this morning to make sure he was doing alright and at that time he still had power.

I hope everything pulls through and you and your family are safe!

thaveteran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no! I have a buddy who also lives in Tallahassee. I messaged him this morning to make sure he was doing alright and at that time he still had power.

I hope everything pulls through and you and your family are safe!

Storm went west so it wasn’t that bad here. I’m still without power but the generator is up and running.

Hey does your buddy have.a reef tank? Just seeing if I know the guy.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Storm went west so it wasn’t that bad here. I’m still without power but the generator is up and running.

Hey does your buddy have.a reef tank? Just seeing if I know the guy.
He does and his name is Chris. He is pretty well known in the reefing world. He probably has the largest Org tort you have ever seen.

thaveteran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He does and his name is Chris. He is pretty well known in the reefing world. He probably has the largest Org tort you have ever seen.

I thought that’s who you meant. He was supposed to come over before the hurricane but I was doing last minute hurricane prep. You’re the guy he’s always telling me about. Lol.

I spoke to him a couple of hours ago. His tank is fine but he lost power an hour after me.

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All right, guess I'm back in the Race then against Bubba ;-)

Last week I got my ICP and adjusted (pimped up) all Reef steroids as needed and I do now daily some Chromium as well since last week, in addition to daily Iodide, Manganese and Iron…………
Sniper woke just up this week finally and now I can see growth compared to the last picture. If it keeps growing like this week, then the end of the month picture should be pretty significant ;Snaphappy

thaveteran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With my power being off and operating my tank off a generator, only the mandatory components are running. This means no doser, along with some others. I’m worried about alkalinity dips because last time I checked (and this was at least 6 months ago) I was dropping a dkh a day without the doser on. Should I risk manually dosing or just wait this one out and see what happens?

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With my power being off and operating my tank off a generator, only the mandatory components are running. This means no doser, along with some others. I’m worried about alkalinity dips because last time I checked (and this was at least 6 months ago) I was dropping a dkh a day without the doser on. Should I risk manually dosing or just wait this one out and see what happens?

I would test and dose. Don't want it to dip too low.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found out I’m leaving on an extended stay work trip tomorrow so I know it’s a little early in the month but I still want to post a picture. Here’s a quicky to qualify for October
f5de2dcd5df8917b4afeea0e174afa8d.jpg

Now I did this in 2 seconds because I knew that the rules required a ruler in every picture but here’s a better top down picture I took a few days ago when I had time
a7c76835bb826c7df534901063991fb7.jpg

I hope I have a tank nonetheless a thriving snipers when I return! We’ll see
You have some encrusting happening!

Just one pic needs a ruler, not every. How long are you gone for?

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have some encrusting happening!

Just one pic needs a ruler, not every. How long are you gone for?

Yea it’s doing well!

I’m heading up to Tallahassee to do clean up from the storm. It could be weeks or even months. I’m stressing lol

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back