Battlecorals Vivid's Rainbow Acropora - Contest Discussion Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did anyone else get their frags this week? Let's see pictures! Also don't forget to post a photo in the entry thread to count as your official entry.

Rufus’ goofs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine yesterday, need to pick up a plastic ruler later, all of mine are wood.

But here are some pictures.

77BCDD3B-DB56-411D-9212-51D1E9134A0F.jpeg

Couldn’t get a very good picture of the vivid, but here it is.
6BCCE7BA-D23C-4305-BABF-FE74D8E82981.jpeg

Rainbow brite
131066BD-68AF-40E3-A400-BE0679D68EFE.jpeg

Blue moon humilis
C11FF44D-E2D3-4123-AE2F-E401F7BCC967.jpeg

And PC rainbow
3E399309-5E42-4ECB-8D80-8311C05F95E2.jpeg

aarbutina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received mind yesterday. Still need to snap a pic of it for the entry thread.

While I didn’t test it, it felt like the water the frag was shipped in was rather cool when it arrived. I guess that is what happens when you are on the east coast this see and the temps are 10 degrees below reasonable. The piece is mostly brown but hopefully it colors up soon.

The frag I have also isn’t straight and curves a good bit so it may be trick to just set a ruler beside it to determine how long it is (when I post the picture you’ll see what I am talking about). It looks like it was on the edge of the main colony and growing out from underneath and the curbing up.

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received mind yesterday. Still need to snap a pic of it for the entry thread.

While I didn’t test it, it felt like the water the frag was shipped in was rather cool when it arrived. I guess that is what happens when you are on the east coast this see and the temps are 10 degrees below reasonable. The piece is mostly brown but hopefully it colors up soon.

The frag I have also isn’t straight and curves a good bit so it may be trick to just set a ruler beside it to determine how long it is (when I post the picture you’ll see what I am talking about). It looks like it was on the edge of the main colony and growing out from underneath and the curbing up.

When it grows it will grow towards the light, it's not going to continue to grow in a curved path. In reality it's probably not even going to continue to grow from the tip, it's going to shoot out a new branch or encrust and shoot a branch from the bottom. Putting a ruler next to the frag should be no issue even with the curse.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
When it grows it will grow towards the light, it's not going to continue to grow in a curved path. In reality it's probably not even going to continue to grow from the tip, it's going to shoot out a new branch or encrust and shoot a branch from the bottom. Putting a ruler next to the frag should be no issue even with the curse.

Right totally agree. They won’t all grow the same way, but I’m very confident it will be fairly easy to visibly measure overall growth. When comparing first pics with final ones The way I see it growth is growth. Not just vertical movement upward

alten78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine will be here Thursday, talk about waiting patiently for this ridiculous cold to break! Do we have a count of how many have signed up?

Anybody care to mention on where they are mounting theirs and under what lighting/flow?

OP
OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will get a count later today, still waiting for the last few people to pay. I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be able to get 40.

Tphill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully I'll get paid today. Just trying to get a couple more pieces added to my order.

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait to get my BC box Tuesday! Wishing everyone the best luck with their frags!

Edit:
Thanks to leahfiish for organizing this! And thanks to Adam @Battlecorals for supplying the frags for this contest, along with some of the best looking acros I've seen so far.

Last edited:
Back