Battlecorals Vivid's Rainbow Acropora - Contest Discussion Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

NeverlosT

SPS nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been crazy cold and stormy and folks are still shipping coral? WWC had it right, delay coral shipping until the weather is a bit less frigid in most of the country.

I'm stoked that some of the frags made it, but we need to consider the critters a bit too, not just the timeline of the growout.

It will be interesting to see peoples luck in coloring this one quickly, it took a bit for my colony to get big and colorful. Good luck! It is a beautiful piece.

Swayne_07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been crazy cold and stormy and folks are still shipping coral? WWC had it right, delay coral shipping until the weather is a bit less frigid in most of the country.

I'm stoked that some of the frags made it, but we need to consider the critters a bit too, not just the timeline of the growout.

It will be interesting to see peoples luck in coloring this one quickly, it took a bit for my colony to get big and colorful. Good luck! It is a beautiful piece.
mine came in at a warm 76 degrees

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine will be here Thursday, talk about waiting patiently for this ridiculous cold to break! Do we have a count of how many have signed up?

Anybody care to mention on where they are mounting theirs and under what lighting/flow?

Not sure where I'll mount mine yet. I have leds and t5s for lighting and more flow than a 40 g breeder should have ;)

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Northern Illinois (kane county). It got into the 20s last night and is about 30 out right now. I had these held at the local FedEx also. I will say, looks like everything made the trip but they're still in the bags.

wopadobop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine will ship Monday. I’m in Cali so shouldn’t have any weather issues.

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20180109_105335.jpg

Here's a quick pic before I went back to work. Everything looks great! The vivid is in the middle. I need a ruler. All mine are wood. Don't mind the reverse superman there(not from this order). It got stung by a hammer coral but is recovering quickly.

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20180109_105455.jpg

Here's a closer pic of the vivid. It is kinda pale in spots but has some decent color otherwise. That's under a Kessil 160 set at about 50% color and 60% intensity, for those wondering. I still haven't acquired a ruler. It's on the way from Amazon and should be here tomorrow.

Swayne_07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we are taking in consideration size of frag when received and not overall height right because they are varying some ex mine is 1.125 inches and I just seen one that came in 1.5 inches

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also should we have two photos this month? One when we receive the frag and a second towards the end of the month @leahfiish

Mykesocalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we are taking in consideration size of frag when received and not overall height right because they are varying some ex mine is 1.125 inches and I just seen one that came in 1.5 inches
I would think its going to be individual growth, initial size vs final size. Im not the boss though. lol

OP
OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The initial photo can count for this month but you can post another towards the end if you want, as well.

And yes, individual growth will probably be considered.

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The initial photo can count for this month but you can post another towards the end if you want, as well.

And yes, individual growth will probably be considered.
Individual growth is the only thing that matters, right? All frags are not going to be the same when we get them and someone with a 1/2" taller frag from the start shouldn't have an advantage. It should be last pic height, minus first pic height to see how much you were able to grow a frag and not how big of a frag you received.

Also is the reason we measure it in the first pic.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back