Battlecorals Vivid's Rainbow Acropora - Contest Discussion Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

alten78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The initial photo can count for this month but you can post another towards the end if you want, as well.

And yes, individual growth will probably be considered.

The entire contest is based on individual growth and color so I certainly hope its considered ;)

Individual growth is the only thing that matters, right? All frags are not going to be the same when we get them and someone with a 1/2" taller frag from the start shouldn't have an advantage. It should be last pic height, minus first pic height to see how much you were able to grow a frag and not how big of a frag you received.

Exactly, the size of the frag does not matter.

Shameless_Dood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the vivid's rainbow is not the most "instant gratification producing" acros out there. Its notorious for this and after being shipped and moved around for pics lack of color and PE is pretty expected. Keep an eye on the transformations of this one as this thread progresses. It will be fun to watch them blossom as im sure they will.

Glad you said that. I wouldn't have picked it out if I was looking at a shop or a stow. As a frag it doesn't scream "buy me". Now I'm wondering what all have I passed over when looking through some tanks. ;Blackeye

Chac317

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you said that. I wouldn't have picked it out if I was looking at a shop or a stow. As a frag it doesn't scream "buy me". Now I'm wondering what all have I passed over when looking through some tanks. ;Blackeye

Oh yeah. Don’t overlook the bargain bin brown outs. Best steals in the hobby

drblakjak55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my frags today, exactly on time, warm pack still warm, frags quadruple protected....thanks Adam and Battlecorals. Pics to come once I figure out how to “add media”.

OP
OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine! Thanks Adam! :) 20180111_110043.jpg 20180111_110023.jpg 20180111_101942.jpg 20180111_095101.jpg

SWSooner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my box in this morning. Getting a ruler tomorrow for the official entry. Vivids is the tall one in the middle.

20180111_155743.jpg

Tphill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately mine will not arrive till sometime next week. Bad weather makes shipping not worth the risk for this week. Will post my pic as soon as I receive.

ksfulk

Working back towards clean
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My box got delayed in Indy and the frag(s) didnt make the 40+ hours in darkness even though they still had a bit of flesh on them when I finally got them from Fed Ex. ;Shifty Anyhow, Adam and I are working it out and I should have something for next week :D

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember for those who has received your frag that you are suppose to post a pic with a ruler within three days of receiving it. @leahfiish created a separate thread for the pics.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 48 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.7%
Back