Bayite Temperature Controller

Noldi76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

I have the bayite Temperature Controller coming in the mail and read that you should seal the probe before submerging with some kind of aquarium safe sealant. Has anyone done it and what sealant should I use?

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bump

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your getting this one I didn't do anything to the probe, It can be submerged. I bought this in Feb. of last year for my workshop tank and it's working like a charm. Heater kicks on when it goes below the set point and fans turn on when it goes above.

slojim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine said SW safe, but I slid on a piece of shrink wrap, pushed some silicone in either end, and shrunk it down. It may slow down the response a little, but aquarium temperatures shouldn't move fast anyway. I thought this might keep it from failing prematurely - but it still did, about 3 months in. But it turned out it was the connector end getting flaky, not the probe end. My kid was home on break (that never ended) so I asked him to replace it - and it has worked again since.

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

I have the bayite Temperature Controller coming in the mail and read that you should seal the probe before submerging with some kind of aquarium safe sealant. Has anyone done it and what sealant should I use?

I have the Bayite, it’s a awesome controller. Yes you should coat the temp probe. However there is another option. Go to Amazon and order InkBird plastic coated water proof aquarium temp probe. It works with the Bayite. I’ve been ruining mine for several months since I switched from Inkbird. The Bayite holds calibration within .1-.2° of set point Using this probe.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Bayite, it’s a awesome controller. Yes you should coat the temp probe. However there is another option. Go to Amazon and order InkBird plastic coated water proof aquarium temp probe. It works with the Bayite. I’ve been ruining mine for several months since I switched from Inkbird. The Bayite holds calibration within .1-.2° of set point Using this probe.
Yeah, I bought the same as a backup. I haven’t done anything to the original probe that came with the controller and after a little over a year it has yet to fail. It’s coated with coralline algae but still gives an accurate reading. I have a thermometer in the tank to compare it to.

jdiefenbaugh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thumbnail_20200720_153534.jpg

The non-plastic probes are not SW safe.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used silicone, cure for 2 weeks. BTW this temp controller is amazing, replaced all my inkbirds with it as its basically same price point.

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the same. It’s a far better temp/fan controller. I did however order from Amazon one of the InkBird waterproof temp sensors.

Back