BC corals picture posting thread.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jasonak
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
This was December.

1765889139118.png

Ahh I see why you’re dosing copper now lol. Always makes me nervous since I had a copper spike a few months back. Oceamo doesn’t highlight copper high until it hits 2ug/l. I was having inexplicable color fading on some corals once I hit 1.3 and climbing. Anyway, I think the cool bruise shows its best colors in a lower zoozanthale population under a blue spectrum (not what I currently have lol). The polyps on the tips of the branches are like 1/2” long in the dark when it’s growing fast.
 
Ahh I see why you’re dosing copper now lol. Always makes me nervous since I had a copper spike a few months back. Oceamo doesn’t highlight copper high until it hits 2ug/l. I was having inexplicable color fading on some corals once I hit 1.3 and climbing. Anyway, I think the cool bruise shows its best colors in a lower zoozanthale population under a blue spectrum (not what I currently have lol). The polyps on the tips of the branches are like 1/2” long in the dark when it’s growing fast.
Also started up on dosing tungsten as well. Both of those are very diluted and are meant to only keep them off 0 in an ICP-MS.
 
This spook city tenuis keeps impressing me. It’s not really a blue light special tenuis. The blue tips show in daylight. The polyps look like they want to turn pink from the top down, but not yet lol.
IMG_7321.jpeg
That's Hot, I recently
Lost Most of my Tenuis.

Need to restock
 
It kinda do be that way. I thought my laser melon was gonna pull through. It choose death... Ugh
 
I have to agree. I have been very not successful with tennis, i am 1/5 so far and that remaining 1 is not really growing. Still has good PE and decent colors though, but nada for growth. Too bad though, they are some very pretty sticks! But, i guess that is where the fun in keeping them comes in...
 
I have to agree. I have been very not successful with tennis, i am 1/5 so far and that remaining 1 is not really growing. Still has good PE and decent colors though, but nada for growth. Too bad though, they are some very pretty sticks! But, i guess that is where the fun in keeping them comes in...
Mine were crushing it and growing well until my rodi unit crapped out without me realizing. I was overconfident. Then I got busy and failed to see the early signs
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new