!!!BC CRICKET SPINE!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not directly from BC but same acro. Gorgeous specimen. Has small golden polyps.

Below is 20K and blue lights.

90682D68-B5D4-41CB-A70F-78F6AED356B7.jpeg
658459EB-5856-4481-A617-31E00859C070.jpeg

2EF9EC22-C3B0-4E73-AA4C-AF32195EABB9.jpeg
Amazing coral. Wish you were closer.

RandyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How is everyone's Cricket Spine doing? Here's an update on mine. I almost killed mine around 3 months ago and it completely paled out to a light brownish-red mess. But it's making/made a comeback. It's only encrusted with no vertical grow. Any secret thoughts on getting my polyps to transition from green to yellow?

BC_Cricket_Spine_20200521_8538.jpg

BC_Cricket_Spine_20200521_8539.jpg

slayertx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a true modern-day hermit anyway, as anyone whos inquired over the years about paying me a visit has learned lol.

Bro...you gotta name a coral "social distance"!. Maybe get get some unique strains of horn/hyrdophorna, or a digi monti or stag.. if you had galaxias that would work too..just something that needs space! it's right there man! #battlecorals social distance frag!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Bro...you gotta name a coral "social distance"!. Maybe get get some unique strains of horn/hyrdophorna, or a digi monti or stag.. if you had galaxias that would work too..just something that needs space! it's right there man! #battlecorals social distance frag!

eh, too topical, lol

wes urquhart

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been super impressed both with your husbandry and your representation of your coral, ie both white and blue light pictures and will be placing an order soon. So please dont take this as a dig. In the white light pictures this coral seems more on the purple side and the pictures shared of this frag also seem to be more purple in both blue and white light. So how do you bring out the deep red in corals like this. Is it a certain light spectrum, husbandry, etc? It's hard nowadays to get a real feel on how a coral will look in your tank with online pictures and I've been super unimpressed with the obvious, in hind sight, picture editing done by some of the more reputable frag sellers lately.

reefrun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of par are you guys giving this? I’m ready to move mine from the rack to the rock and torn about placement

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I've been super impressed both with your husbandry and your representation of your coral, ie both white and blue light pictures and will be placing an order soon. So please dont take this as a dig. In the white light pictures this coral seems more on the purple side and the pictures shared of this frag also seem to be more purple in both blue and white light. So how do you bring out the deep red in corals like this. Is it a certain light spectrum, husbandry, etc? It's hard nowadays to get a real feel on how a coral will look in your tank with online pictures and I've been super unimpressed with the obvious, in hind sight, picture editing done by some of the more reputable frag sellers lately.

Hi there. sorry, i missed this one. I'm sure it's more lighting and photography at play than anything. Coral can look worlds different. under deep blue lighting compared to Typical Daylight shots. Here is a phone pic of my crickets under 65k halide, as unflattering spectrally as it gets.

Edit! Funny. Looking back over the thread i realized i already posted this pic. lol anyway. here it is again in all its glory:)

IMG_0789.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
jeez, am i slacking on my thread responses here. That looks amazing Rick. I can only imagine it's even more impressive now 7 months later. lol thanks for sharing! sorry for the super-lag

RandyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m surprised this coral doesn’t get more attention. Under blues, it has a very unique dark fuchsia shade that I haven’t seen in other acros. Add the gorgeous yellow polyps and it’s pretty awesome in my book. Here’s my colony under all blues.

IMG_3218.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back