BC Sky Dopple spotlight

Mr. Microscope

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty. Nice PE!
I'd spread out those colonies a bit. Give them each a few more inches (like 3+). Their close proximity to one another is going to slow down growth and they might start to fight when encrustation gets too close.

OP
OP
anarchy

anarchy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty. Nice PE!
I'd spread out those colonies a bit. Give them each a few more inches (like 3+). Their close proximity to one another is going to slow down growth and they might start to fight when encrustation gets too close.
It's just the angle it was taken. The sky doppel I'd actually on a different branch

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not going to post a pic yet because I cannot get a good representation of color. Mine does look a lot like seargentslice's though. White polyps, a baby blue body, and fluorescent yellow/green coralalites. I'm only getting really good PE on the lower branches because I think my LEDs were too bright. I've turned them down a bit and I'll see how it responds.

This has potential to be my favorite acro in my tank though.

OP
OP
anarchy

anarchy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not going to post a pic yet because I cannot get a good representation of color. Mine does look a lot like seargentslice's though. White polyps, a baby blue body, and fluorescent yellow/green coralalites. I'm only getting really good PE on the lower branches because I think my LEDs were too bright. I've turned them down a bit and I'll see how it responds.

This has potential to be my favorite acro in my tank though.
Okay me and you need to share our list of BC corals. We live too close to be buying the same pieces. Then we can trade [emoji41]

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's mine. Terrible PE, but my color is pretty strong. I've got to say though, this is one of the hardes my corals to photograph. I just can't get the blue to show correctly. The fluorescent edges are true to real life though.

efe8d7fbb79080d252e0b1a4adf92f68.jpg

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine also has ridiculous PE. It's still a frag and not a ton of color yet but I'm optimistic. It's worth it for the PE alone!

OP
OP
anarchy

anarchy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine had a ton of polyp extension but it's just in too high of light
826860c0805f995a10b2e01d91db5da7.jpg

Seth401

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's mine. I just moved it as it was getting pasted with light(and not enough nutrients). Hoping it gets a deeper blue with less light
0326161550b.jpg

Seth401

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way how is your growth on this one? It may have been a placement issue but this has been maybe my slowest growing acro in the tank

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way how is your growth on this one? It may have been a placement issue but this has been maybe my slowest growing acro in the tank

My growth is fairly slow, but it's growing and alive. That's all I ask for. It's pretty low in my tank and doesn't get great flow, so I assume it's partly my fault. B

cb684

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is very hard to get all the shades of blue and green in this slow grower, the colors on this piece are awesome. It is one I constantly get asked about by fellow reefers when they see my DT... Three months ago I increased the PAR to 350 - 400 and since then got a few shootings (on the back of the piece).

IMG_5726.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back