!!!BC XMAS RULES THE VIBRANT SEVEN!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Adam, can you elaborate on reaching critical mass? My Xmas is growing a huge base also, we'll all my corals are, but they aren't reaching up/out.

I was wondering if they instinctively grow the base out before growing up/out, so I was intrigued when I saw you post that.

Beautiful corals! Love all my BC Corals.

glad to, for me the xmas has always done a lot of encrusting before to really took off but once it got a few decent sized trunks it grew exponentially faster. not unlike a lot of sps but i think the larger base is a natural function preparing itself for more rapid growth once it starts to go out and up. again not uncommon at all but I've had plenty sps do the opposite and not encrust at all practically so its on the far side of that one for sure.

iReefer12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good to know, I was worried I had too much light or too much flow that was making my corals grow bases more than branches.

Mind you, I'd rather have strong bases to grow from, so I'm not relying on just the glue to hold em down

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you once again Adam for the great pack colors and size was on point as always and I love the surprises [emoji41]

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's an update on my Xmas. This thing just will not grow vertically for me. The original frag is about the same size as the day I bought it from Adam, but the base keeps on encrusting an getting even more colored up.

85c7597b777bf93ea072ae7369f6c773.jpg

d_adler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's an update on my Xmas. This thing just will not grow vertically for me. The original frag is about the same size as the day I bought it from Adam, but the base keeps on encrusting an getting even more colored up.

That thing looks amazing! I ordered a pack from Adam around May and that's the only piece that didn't make it for me :(

Joshky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Looks great, on my must have list now. :D

anarchy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Looking good. Put a plug next to the base so it can grow onto it and I'll swing by and pick it up [emoji2]

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Whoa!! that is absolutely insane man you've unlocked some inner magic in that one. never seen it do that! In all honestly it's got to be some kind of transitional stage and its almost like it doesn't knew where to start sprouting so its all growing as new "tip" growth,. something along those lines anyway. Will be interested to see how this one looks in another few months., anything else from me doing anything like this one at all?

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoa!! that is absolutely insane man you've unlocked some inner magic in that one. never seen it do that! In all honestly it's got to be some kind of transitional stage and its almost like it doesn't knew where to start sprouting so its all growing as new "tip" growth,. something along those lines anyway. Will be interested to see how this one looks in another few months., anything else from me doing anything like this one at all?

Almost everything I got from you has done pretty well. I tend to get darker colors than what you typically show. Not sure why. I run 4 Ocean Revive T247s and I run them pretty hot because my tank is 30 inches deep. I think the intense lighting may be causing my poor PE?

My Hyperberry is growing very similarly. Huge base that's nicely colored, but no real growth from the original frag and just slight signs of where a new branch may form.

My glowstick has really taken off. Tons of new branches and a really bright yellow.

The Sky Doppel has insane color. It hasn't grown a ton yet, but I moved it to a new location yesterday to see how it responds.

You've seen my Therman's. Lots of base, but now getting some upward growth.

Red robin has really taken off.

June Ruby has grown a lot, but the coloration is nowhere as good as what you get.

Rainbow Rosaria has grown a bunch and color is awesome.

I cannot get the Poor Man's Snipers to take off, although it's slightly below a cross brace. Color is great though. Just no growth or real encrusting.

Sunny X Sunset is absolutely stunning. Amazing color and it's getting some new branches.

Blood Red Milli has encrusted and I think it's getting a new branch or two.

Soda Pop is still really small but encrusting and coloring up really nicely.

The only ones that I had problems with were the Skinny Love and the Kermit's Song. Both encrusted a tiny bit, never really grew, and then just died over time. I had my Hellraiser really low in the tank and it started to STN, I moved it up, and it seems to be recovering.

Wow! Forgot I bought so much coral from you and I didn't even include all of them.

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost everything I got from you has done pretty well. I tend to get darker colors than what you typically show. Not sure why. I run 4 Ocean Revive T247s and I run them pretty hot because my tank is 30 inches deep. I think the intense lighting may be causing my poor PE?

My Hyperberry is growing very similarly. Huge base that's nicely colored, but no real growth from the original frag and just slight signs of where a new branch may form.
Funny mine has based little and little nubs all over....

My glowstick has really taken off. Tons of new branches and a really bright yellow.
Mine grows like a weed. Love this coral.

The Sky Doppel has insane color. It hasn't grown a ton yet, but I moved it to a new location yesterday to see how it responds.
On its way:D

You've seen my Therman's. Lots of base, but now getting some upward growth.

Red robin has really taken off.
Where do you have this one mounted? Mine is EXTREMELY tempermental!

June Ruby has grown a lot, but the coloration is nowhere as good as what you get.
On its way!

Rainbow Rosaria has grown a bunch and color is awesome.

I cannot get the Poor Man's Snipers to take off, although it's slightly below a cross brace. Color is great though. Just no growth or real encrusting.

Sunny X Sunset is absolutely stunning. Amazing color and it's getting some new branches.
I agree. Great color on this one. Mine has always had color but all it does is get thicker. No new branches. Any tips?

Blood Red Milli has encrusted and I think it's getting a new branch or two.

Soda Pop is still really small but encrusting and coloring up really nicely.

The only ones that I had problems with were the Skinny Love and the Kermit's Song. Both encrusted a tiny bit, never really grew, and then just died over time. I had my Hellraiser really low in the tank and it started to STN, I moved it up, and it seems to be recovering.

Wow! Forgot I bought so much coral from you and I didn't even include all of them.

I also have bought a TON of pieces from Adam and for the most part they all do really well. When I had my crash, I lost most of my "non-Adam" pieces, but a lot of his weathered the storm. Any details of your system or a build thread perhaps? Thanks!

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never lost a coral from Adam. I had a pink Stella go dormant but that's it. That's out of almost 20 frags, including echinata. Pretty awesome.

cb684

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never lost a coral from Adam. I had a pink Stella go dormant but that's it. That's out of almost 20 frags, including echinata. Pretty awesome.
I second that. His corals have my best rate of survival by far...

anarchy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need this piece. Almost everything I've gotten from adam has survived except the frost pop. It has slowly stn for the past 6 months. I keep hoping for the best just doesn't look good for this one.

Back