Bcarl's 17 gallon Rimless Reef Build

So I will make this update in two separate posts. The filter mod was crazy easy. Scissors, DAP Aquarium Silicon, and a toothpick. I simply used the media basket provided to create a baffle and something to prevent the chaeto from flowing out the top. Check it out!
nelglfW.jpg
npxz5lo.jpg
T76N5PN.jpg

What's your plans for lighting for the chaeto mod?
 
I actually went with a HOB Refugium. I placed a Finnex Stingray that I had from an old planted tank that works well.
 
So you just ran that UV until the water cleared up and unplugged it? Tank looks great by the way
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new