Be Careful When Ordering Online

ZoaAddiction81

Nems And More Nems
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I placed a order from an online vendor in California on last Thursday. Supposed to have my bubble tip on Friday. Shipping got screwed up the story I got was there was no room on the plane. So they said they would pay for Saturday delivery awesome thanks. Check the tracking and now it says Monday delivery. It shows up Monday and it didn’t make the trip. So I call them explain to them it didn’t make it. They want me to buy something else now and repay the shipping again and then they will send me another bubble tip does this seem right to you guys?? I really thought they would make it right for me but failed. I will be taking my business elsewhere and I guess they get to keep my money seems unfair.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as I know most websites that sale livestock won't refund shipping cost, so whether they refunded the cost of the anemone or you place another order for them to add add anemone to, you will be out the cost of shipping.

It doesn’t seem odd to me unless they also refuse to just refund the money for it.

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I placed a order from an online vendor in California on last Thursday. Supposed to have my bubble tip on Friday. Shipping got screwed up the story I got was there was no room on the plane. So they said they would pay for Saturday delivery awesome thanks. Check the tracking and now it says Monday delivery. It shows up Monday and it didn’t make the trip. So I call them explain to them it didn’t make it. They want me to buy something else now and repay the shipping again and then they will send me another bubble tip does this seem right to you guys?? I really thought they would make it right for me but failed. I will be taking my business elsewhere and I guess they get to keep my money seems unfair.
What is their written policy? Some exclude shipping delays from their policy and some offer store credit only .

OP
OP
ZoaAddiction81

ZoaAddiction81

Nems And More Nems
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried for a refund on just the coral and I was denied that. They said to order something else but I only wanted that one coral my tank is full and had room to squeeze in this bubble tip. On the sight it says no guarantee on mechanical or weather issues. But they told me flat out there was no room on the plane and yes no refund on shipping so lesson learned I guess. I’ve ordered a lot of stuff but never ran into this problem.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's a reputable company I would think they would be willing to refund you the cost of the anemone, minus shipping cost of course.

I have no idea what they mean by mechanical issues? But if it doesn't specifically say anything about shipping delays, then it seems like you're owed the cost of the anemone.

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's a reputable company I would think they would be willing to refund you the cost of the anemone, minus shipping cost of course.

I have no idea what they mean by mechanical issues? But if it doesn't specifically say anything about shipping delays, then it seems like you're owed the cost of the anemone.
I don't think anyone refunds you anymore. The reputable ones give you store credit, though they don't typically require you to order something else to get it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back