Beaded anemone and ocellaris clownfish

Orcinus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,
I've recently got a yellow sand anemone/beaded anemone (Heteractis aurora). It's been a month since I've got it and suddenly my ocellaris have showed immense interest in it.
It swims all over the tank, and then suddenly nose dives straight into the poor anemone. I say poor because ever since my clown has started harassing it, it moves constantly, both on sand and on rockwork (Even though it's supposed to stay buried in the sand).
The anemone also used to be a good eater, gobbling up everything I gave it, now it's much more slow and "reluctant".
Should I take the anemone back to the store? I really don't want to upset my clown, but I'm more scared of it stressing the anemone to death,and this causing my tank to crash.
P.S. The clown never hosted anything before this.
P.P.S There are 7 different sized and scattered all over RBTAs, but the ******* isn't showing any interest in any of them whatsoever.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clown won’t stop - best you can do is separate them. Pick which you like more - another tank could be in your future ;)
Also putting the nem in an acclimation box may work. Could cause the clown to show interest in the other bta

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back