Been thinking of getting a Neptune Trident

painter1982

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2025
Messages
1,287
Reaction score
1,092
Location
82716
What state or country do you live in
Wyoming
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been thinking about getting a Neptune Trident. Are they accurate? Trouble? High maintenance? I thought maybe they’d come up on sale for Black Friday or something.
 
Back in the day, I was lucky enough to get one of the first machines put out and I’ve loved it ever since. I calibrate it using Hanna for alkalinity and Salifert for CA and Mag. Probably do this once a month… I have used their exchange program to send the machine back and get a rebuilt unit twice over the years. Costs a couple hundred bucks but it’s worth it to me. You can get your own rebuilt kit for cheaper but things are very small in there so I just do the replacement. Like others have said, it’s a little off accuracy wise but it’s close. That’s why calibrating it helps. The unit gives me a good baseline on the tank. Now the NP is another story. Many, many people have issues with it. I’ve been waiting to see if another version comes out before I spend serious money on that. I’m on the sidelines.
 
I love my Trident ACM and my Trident NP. They both work great for me with no issues. I calibrate once every three weeks or so and they are never far off from my manual tests. There’s so much you learn from this frequency of testing. I can’t imagine a tank without them now.
 
Last edited:
I love my Trident ACM and my Trident NP. They both work great for me with no issues. I calibrate once every three weeks or so and they are never far off from my manual tests. There’s so much you learn from this frequency of testing. I can’t imagine a tank without them now.
Curious, how long have you owned your NP for?
 
I love my Trident ACM and my Trident NP. They both work great for me with no issues. I calibrate once every three weeks or so and they are never far off from my manual tests. There’s so much you learn from this frequency of testing. I can’t imagine a tank without them now.
Curious, how long have you owned your NP for?
Not long. About two months.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new