Beghia breeding (Aeolidiella stephanieae)

Andrey Grodno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I managed to buy 30 bergs. It's a miracle. The seller added their caviar to the bergs. I decided to look at this caviar under a microscope and I was very surp
rised. It looks like a rotifer, but not a bergia.

Saminpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
30 is definitely a big order, I hope you got a great deal. I breed and sell them and reduce price per nudi significantly once the order is over 20. My biggest order Ive had was 35 for a 300 gallon system, I charged the guy $7.50 a nudibranch.

Andrey Grodno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help. I have many clutches of bergy eggs. Here's one of them. But I can't get baby bergyas from the eggs. The eggs are in a separate tank with aeration and aiptasia. Something is going wrong. But what?

Saminpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help. I have many clutches of bergy eggs. Here's one of them. But I can't get baby bergyas from the eggs. The eggs are in a separate tank with aeration and aiptasia. Something is going wrong. But what?
How long ago did the eggs hatch that you aren’t seeing babies from? It’s usually about 4 weeks before you can see the babies with the naked eye

Saminpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long ago did the eggs hatch that you aren’t seeing babies from? It’s usually about 4 weeks before you can see the babies with the naked eye
Also how big is the tank you are housing the eggs in? If it’s something big, the babies can struggle traveling to find the food

Saminpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting a berghia farm myself..I am starting with 2 ten gallon tanks..My main aptasia tank is a 20 gal long..any pointers?
I found that a large berghia breeding tank is unsuccessful. I started with a 5 gallon for aiptasia and a 5 gallon for nudi. After a while i discovered that because I limited the amount of food, the babies die off because the tank is too big so they didn’t find the aiptasia i put in.

So now I still use a 5 gallon for aiptasia, but the nudibranchs are housed in a 1 gallon jar. Everyone can find food easily

Iremember

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a little problem. Actually a big problem but a small Jar reef. I do have some Duncan coral that I have kept alive and growing for about 4 years now but then a hitch hiker in the form of Aiptasia. I tried a blue lazer but only succeeded in burning my hand while the anemone hid in the coral rock. Then I ordered a couple Berghia nudibranch. Immediately they laid eggs and saw the aiptasia disappearing but then the arrival of Asterina starfish. Now I have some Aiptasia. Can't find any Berghias and a number of Asterina. I have no idea where it is going.

Saminpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fcc c c
I have a little problem. Actually a big problem but a small Jar reef. I do have some Duncan coral that I have kept alive and growing for about 4 years now but then a hitch hiker in the form of Aiptasia. I tried a blue lazer but only succeeded in burning my hand while the anemone hid in the coral rock. Then I ordered a couple Berghia nudibranch. Immediately they laid eggs and saw the aiptasia disappearing but then the arrival of Asterina starfish. Now I have some Aiptasia. Can't find any Berghias and a number of Asterina. I have no idea where it is going.
maybe the asterinas ate the nudi

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back