Beginner Hardy Corals?

Like tdileo said not all SPS are created equal. The term itself isn't scientific but one we use in the hobby. The ones he mentioned plus cyphastrea (gets labeled SPS sometimes, sometimes LPS) which is an encrusting stoney coral are not very demanding.

I forgot about cyphastrea, good mention. Can grow in really low light and are easy to keep, another fantastic beginner stony coral. I think of them more as LPS than SPS, and those terms only being used in the hobby is very accurate. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new