Reaction score
Amazing. Love following your work here.

Top Shelf Aquatics

taricha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
That's amazing, Chad.
Sorry for sorta off-topic, but I couldn't find where you mentioned this anywhere.
What fertilizer do you use when growing your phyto?
I assumed they were all the same, but then I had one bottle of f/2 mix go bad on me after several months, and ordered another kind. It had some ingredients different, and it came in two parts.

OP
chad vossen

chad vossen

View Badges
Reaction score
That's amazing, Chad.
Sorry for sorta off-topic, but I couldn't find where you mentioned this anywhere.
What fertilizer do you use when growing your phyto?
I assumed they were all the same, but then I had one bottle of f/2 mix go bad on me after several months, and ordered another kind. It had some ingredients different, and it came in two parts.
I use the Fritz F2 two part fertilizer here. Keep it in a fridge, and use clean pipettes any time we start cultures.

taricha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I use the Fritz F2 two part fertilizer here. Keep it in a fridge, and use clean pipettes any time we start cultures.
Awesome. I have one mix from Florida aqua farms that has vitamin C in it, and I have the Fritz 2 part that doesn't have vit C. Thanks for confirming that the C is unnecessary for nutritious phyto, healthy pods, and healthy fish.

Top Shelf Aquatics

graffitireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Very cool. Im happy to see people taking initiative in captive breeding. I'd love to undertake a task like this in the future. Way to help pave the way to sustainable fish keeping!

OP
chad vossen

chad vossen

View Badges
Reaction score
We are taking a break from the multibar/venusta hybrids. We lost our venusta male unexpectedly.
We've also sold the bellus broodstock to make room for new projects.

Instead, we'll be pursuing the Tigerpyge hybrid. Broodstock arrives this week, expect a thread on that in the next few months. :)

Top Shelf Aquatics

If you don't keep your sand bed clean it will cause your tank to crash.

• True

Votes: 84 13.5%
  • False

Votes: 378 61.0%
  • Other (please explain in the thread)

Votes: 26 4.2%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 132 21.3%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors