Benign flatworms

  • Thread starter Thread starter JDP
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JDP

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 27, 2014
Messages
122
Reaction score
68
Location
Home of the Gators
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am moving my 7 month old system in a different direction (TM). After noticing Ich like symptoms I have moved the fish to QT, doing very well in hypo now for 4 weeks. I noticed this morning two Benign flatworms on the glass of main system(clear with a forked tail). Question: I would like to keep the main system in fallow 4 more weeks. Do I wait for the fish to reduce the flatworms or hit them with Flatworm Exit :boxing:? I want to start right and say right as long as I can with the rebuild. (150gal DT, 170gal total vol.)

Thank you for your experience! JD
 
Those worms like to hang out in dirty, low flow areas. Keep it clean, and give it lots of flow and I think they will go away quickly. At least that is my experience.
 
Why would you want to mess with anything that is benign?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new